If you look at the stats of professional players, you will notice that they tend not to lose a lot of games.
Is it because they always get better positions and win?
Well, not necessarily.
If you take a closer look at their games, you will discover that… they SCORE A LOT from inferior positions!
Unfortunately, most club players just don’t get it…
When it comes to defensive chess, they either don’t know what to do or copy random things they see others do…
That type of “I hope this helps” approach just won’t cut it anymore. Not only it is not saving your games, it almost certainly costing you rating points. A lot of points!
If you actually want to save and convert some of your losing positions into the wins, then you need to do more.
You need a PROVEN process in place to tell you exactly what and how to play – especially when you are losing!
But how do you systematically convert mediocre positions into winners and consistently turn the tables on your opponent?
Fortunately, that’s exactly what you’re about to learn…
In this course, IM Ostrovskiy reveals his signature approach for SAVING the positions you previously thought were “dead lost”. You will get his exact master plan with the step-by-step guidance allowing you to save MANY of your inferior positions and CONVERT some into the wins.
A good defense is not only about specific methods and techniques. A great deal of it depends on the right psychological setting. That’s why this course is divided into 2 parts:
- Psychology of Defense
- Specific Methods and Techniques
Stop spinning your wheels. Just imagine what saving 2X more positions and converting 2X more “lost” games could do for your chess?
Let’s get started!
Art of Defensive Play with IM Ostrovskiy – video course [4.5 hours]
In this course, IM Ostrovskiy revels his signature approach for SAVING the positions you previously thought were “dead lost”. You will get his exact master plan with the step-by-step guidance allowing you to save MANY of your inferior positions and CONVERT some into the wins.
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important defensive motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. Practical part is an important element of the course.
Extra Training Tasks [PDF]
Advanced training tasks taken directly from the video course’s games. Learn from the ideas and strategies of the strongest players. After solving those problems you will get one step closer to defense mastery!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Number one mistake most players make when it comes to defense – and how you can avoid it [that’s why most “lost” positions are lost]
- One change you can make in your defense to instantly SAVE many of your lost positions [Hint: it has nothing to do with your tactics, planning or overall chess strength]
- How to deploy a successful defense when you have a single weakness in your position? [very powerful, yet rarely used on club level]
- How great defenders stay strong under pressure by minimizing the damage and working with what they have? [Karpov’s advice]
- How to craft a superb counter-attack that will take care of your positional issues? [Kasparov’s approach]
- One of the most important skills ANY great defender processes – and how you can develop it
- How professional players find game-saving sequences even in VERY BAD positions? [and you can too, with THIS]
- How to think and how to evaluate the position when you are on the defending side? [thinking algorithm]
INTRO Introduction to Defense
CHAPTER 1 Realize your position is not great
CHAPTER 2 Passive is not necessarily bad
CHAPTER 3 Don’t lose your mind
CHAPTER 4 Patience decides
CHAPTER 5 Know your weaknesses
CHAPTER 6 Defuse the tension
CHAPTER 7 Consolidate your position
CHAPTER 8 Search for a counter-play
CHAPTER 9 Stay strong under pressure
CHAPTER 10 Never give up
About the Author:
IM Andrey Ostrovskiy (FIDE 2456)
is a professional chess player and coach currently residing in Germany. Andrey got second in Ukrainian Youth Championship and represented his country in the European Championship. He has won many National and International events, and achieved his first Grandmaster norm in 2015.
30 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee
You must be thrilled with this purchase, and it must transform your chess the way I state in this letter, or I don’t want your money. Try it out and if you don’t agree that it’s an amazing program and worth more than you paid, keep all your money. If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the purchase just ask for your money back. It doesn’t get any easier than that.