In this 19-lesson, 10-hour masterclass we are going to take your attacking skills to the next level. You will learn specific and very effective methods that professional chess players use to achieve the attacking mastery.
How much time do you spend on training your attacking skills? As many as 90% of chess players spend nearly ZERO!
Nine out of ten players don’t develop the most important chess skill at all… how crazy is that?
Can you imagine a pro basketball player that doesn’t practice his shots, a boxer that doesn’t train his punches or a soccer player not training his kicks? Hardly.
It’s not any different in chess. If you want to win games, you got to know how to attack and how to do it well. Attacking is the bread-and-butter of all strong players because it is much more efficient than defending. That’s the only way to get consistent and predictable results.
The problem is…
Simply developing pieces and playing “logical” moves don’t work anymore. Strong attacking positions don’t just appear out of nowhere.
What should you do?
The only way of achieving a strong attacking position is by building it yourself. That takes a huge chunk of the randomness out of the equation. This puts you in control. The big question remains… HOW to build this kind of position and crush your opponents?
Attacking Masterclass with IM Mat Kolosowski gives you a clear blueprint for achieving a favorable position and turning it into the “win”. IM Kolosowski combines two decades of his own experience with the ideas of the top players from the past and presents delivering the most complete, up to date “college-level” course on Attacking Chess.
This 10-hour course is broken down into 4 parts and 19 chapters, one for each and every theme. After studying this course, and following its plans and ideas you will significantly improve as Attacking Player.
Armed with the new knowledge you will be in control of your games and will make your opponent’s life that much harder!
- Part 1: Attacking the King in the Center
- INTRO Introduction to the course
- CHAPTER 1 Don’t let the king escape from the center
- CHAPTER 2 Open files and diagonals
- CHAPTER 3 Invite all of your friends to the party
- CHAPTER 4 Right timing is the key
- Part 2: Attacking the Same-Side Castled King
- CHAPTER 5 Seize the initiative
- CHAPTER 6 First come first served
- CHAPTER 7 It’s not the value of the pieces but their number that counts
- CHAPTER 8 Be creative
- Part 3: Attacking the Opposite-Side Castled King
- CHAPTER 9 Pawn storms are dangerous in closed positions
- CHAPTER 10 Transition from a closed to an open position
- CHAPTER 11 Get access to the exposed king at any cost
- CHAPTER 12 Lack of coordination
- CHAPTER 13 It’s always easier to attack than to defend
- CHAPTER 14 Bombard them with sacrifices
- CHAPTER 15 Bring ALL of your resources
- Part 4: Counterattack and Unexpected Attack
- CHAPTER 16 Don’t be afraid to make concessions
- CHAPTER 17 It ain’t over till it’s over
- CHAPTER 18 Evaluation must come along with the calculation
- CHAPTER 19 Strategic positions may also be rich in tactics
About the Author:
IM Mat Kolosowski (FIDE 2451)
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalists. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship. During the course of his chess career Mat won many international tournaments. Apart from being a player, he is also a chess coach who has experience in working with students from more than 20 countries. So far he helped a few of them in obtaining their own international titles. Mat has also performed live commentary of Polish and European Rapid and Blitz Championships.