There is no secret that Bishop Pair is considered a major positional advantage in most games.
You’ve probably heard things like “capture that bishop“, “keep your bishops” or “trade your knight for the bishop“.
In fact, bishop pair became so dominant in modern chess that some openings go for the bishop pair advantage and transition straight into an endgame with all the winning chances.
At the same time, many club players have no idea how to use the two bishops to its full potential.
They shuffle the bishops around and let the advantage slowly slip through their fingers.
But that won’t be you.
In this course, IM Mat Kolosowski teaches everything you’ll ever need to know about the Bishop Pair, including all the plans, positioning, structures and theory.
What you will learn?
- How to use Two Bishops to dominate your opponent’s pieces
- How to position your Bishops?
- Restricting your opponent’s pieces by controlling the adjacent diagonals
- Obtaining the Bishop Pair as a compensation for a pawn [when should you do it]
- The power of the Bishop Pair in the endgame [which types of endings you should aim for and which you should avoid]
- Double Bishops in the Middlegame – crafting your winning plan
- Most important concepts for playing against the two bishops
Take the full advantage of one of the most common and powerful positional elements – the Bishop Pair. Know how to use your Bishops to its max and how to defend against two bishops as well! No matter if you are in the opening, middlegame or endgame, Mat will teach you EVERYTHING there is to know about the two bishops.
IM Mat Kolosowski (FIDE 2451)
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalist. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship. During the course of his chess career Mat won many international tournaments. Apart from being a player, he is also a chess coach who has experience in working with students from more than 20 countries.