“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” – Bruce Lee.
The calculation is the most valuable skill in chess.
Calculating just one move deeper than your opponent typically wins the game.
The truth is every chess player wants to improve their calculation.
But how do you do it?
Should you binge-solve all the puzzle rushes and tactical exercises you can find?
Russian FM Viktor Neustroev found a much better path.
Viktor created a complete Calculation Workshop where he takes you from the basics to very advanced tactics explaining the key ideas, techniques, and patterns throughout the way!
But, I have to warn you. It is a lot of work.
Just watching 7.5 hours of videos isn’t enough.
You’ll need to constantly stop and calculate the positions in the video. You’ll need to find the best moves. You’ll need to identify tactics even if it seems like there is nothing there. You need to make mistakes. And try again, and again – until you succeed.
In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the course takes you 25 or 30 hours to complete.
The good news is FM Neustoev explains what and how to calculate. He gives you the mind maps.
Viktor will teach you how to find the moves to calculate, how deep to calculate, and everything in between. FM Neustoev is there to help you if you get stuck (and you will – trust me!)
Here’s what you would learn:
- 18 must-know “core” patterns which are the building blocks for ANY tactical combination. Learn those and you’ll be able to find any tactical idea with ease.
- 7 calculation mistakes causing blunders, miscalculations, and tactical oversights. FM Neustorev breaks down each of those mistakes into easy-to-understand components and shows how to avoid them. Fix those and you’ll be on your way to 2300 Elo.
- Flawless calculation technique – FM Neustroev reveals a systematic way to Masters’ calculation process. This is meat and potatoes of the course. Learn this and you’ll expand your calculation depth.
- How to apply your newly developed calculation skills? FM Neustroev has integrated the practical section right into the course. This is where the work comes in. The training tasks are labeled from 1000 to 2000 FIDE. And no worries, Viktor will be there to help you out!
- How to take your calculation skills further? After beating the practical section and working through all the exercises, you are ready for the real Grandmaster’s stuff. You’ll learn how the world’s top players such as Emanuel Lasker and Paul Keres operate when it comes to visualization and calculation. This is an advanced section and it’ll push your calculation abilities to the limit.
On top of the video training, you’ll also get the 29 PGN files containing all examples from the course.
And you’ll get to take the exam – the final assignment you’ll do after finishing the course.
You are just one step away from mastering calculation! Your move.
Meet the author:
FM Viktor Neustroev [2305 FIDE]
is a chess player and coach who won multiple regional competitions and received various awards. He has coached for many years and has had highly successful students. Viktor sees his mission in teaching chess and making his students overall much better players.