Club Player’s Manifesto
The Club Player’s Manifesto Series employs an innovative approach to learning the core essentials of chess for club players up to Candidate Master, guided by Grandmaster Damian Lemos, one of the World Leaders in Chess DVD presentation brought to you exclusively by iChess.NET and now available on TheChessWorld.com.
This super-pack includes 20 DVDs by GM Damian Lemos as he explains his route from the club level to the Grandmaster title. Viewers will learn how Grandmaster Lemos approaches chess training and how you can design a similar regimen for success as he goes into great detail explaining key concepts related to all phases of the game.
You will develop a complete opening repertoire for the white and black pieces and also learn about common resulting middlegames from these openings, and the best long-term strategies to utilize. Grandmaster Lemos will teach you about GM-level tactics and endgame technique, GUARANTEEING you improve your chess in a truly holistic manner.
Your entire chess game (and results!!!) will skyrocket after studying this 50-hour chess course by GM Damian Lemos.
What You Will Learn:
- The right way to analyze tactical positions during a game.
- Key positional concepts, particularly those that relate to those important central squares.
- How to attack when you have the advantage.
- How to defend when you are worse or under attack.
The Club Player’s Manifesto:
- The Course for aspiring ‘Candidate Masters’.
- Exclusive Grandmaster Video by a brilliant presenter.
- Extended PDF summaries have numbered matching bullet points of all pertinent content.
- Dozens of relevant practice problems per disc of a structured 20 DVDs set.
- The most comprehensive club players “DVD video course with materials” ever released.
- PGN files included for every video.
- Option to contact GM Damian Lemos for Skype support lessons.
The Bundle Includes The Following Courses:
- Volume 51: GM Attacks for Club Players – Presented by GM Damian Lemos In this Empire Chess DVD has an emphasis on basic and advanced concepts of ‘Attacking the King’ and the many factors leading up to the attacking possibility. Before the attack commences there are explanations of how it happens, this is done by examining a theoretical opening, followed by an examination of the middle game skills that enable the attacking possibility, followed by how the attack is correctly conducted.
- Volume 52: Attacking with Forcing Moves – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD follows on from the first DVD in The Club Players Manifesto, which had an emphasis on basic and advanced concepts of attacking the King and the many factors leading up to the attacking possibility.
- Volume 53: GM Strategy for Club Players – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This chess DVD looks at ‘Strategy’ and discusses the many strategical openings, then breaks down the strategical elements of each game and some of the key concepts are identified.
- Volume 54: World Champion Strategy – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD builds upon Disk 3/10 ‘Strategy’ which discussed the many strategical openings primarily using game examples from ex-World Champions. Emphasis is also given to ‘The Bishop Pair’ and the advantage and disadvantages in various situations.
- Volume 55: Aggressive Chess Guide – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD has an emphasis on ‘Aggressive Play’ using The Initiative, Central Pressure, Lateral entry for pieces and harnessing Bishops. There is also an explanation of the opening running up to aggressive play situations.
- Volume 56: Control the Center – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD has an emphasis on the ‘Center’ how to stake an advantage there, once secured, how to then approach with an attack on a different part of the board. Discussions of the theoretical openings and their control of the center are also considered.
- Volume 57: Positional Chess Guide – Presented by GM Damian Lemos In this DVD, GM Damian Lemos looks at ‘Positional Play’ things like voluntarily giving up ‘The Bishop Pair’, How to attack doubled ‘C’ pawns, Placing Rooks deliberately on Closed files, The IQP advantages and disadvantages, and many more Positional Play methods.
- Volume 58: Master the Middlegame – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD has an emphasis on the ‘Middle game’ looking at ideas and concepts based around Pawn Structure, Bishop Pair, Kings Pawn Cover, and many more elements. The opening is also considered on the lead into the resulting middle games.
- Volume 59: Defensive Domination – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD looks at ‘Defense’ and how to stay calm in the face of attack with a concise understanding of opponents threats. Preparing your defense against expected attacks are considered as is the use of tactics.
- Volume 60: Tactical Chess Guide – Presented by GM Damian Lemos This DVD looks at ‘Tactics’ and how a Grandmaster thinks in tactical situations. Searching for surprising moves, opening lines to the King, King Hunt, In-Between moves, Removal of Key Defenders and many more tactics are considered.
- Volume 71: Ultra Deep Strategy – Techniques Of The Super GMs – GM Damian Lemos This DVD shows us the secrets of chess strategy at the highest level through extensively-analyzed master games. Emphasizing the correct plans and ideas at every moment, it is a series for advanced players to complement their training with an aspect more difficult than tactics.
- Volume 72: Learn To Defend As A GM – GM Damian Lemos You will learn the art of defense, just like the GMs employ when they need to defend themselves against the attacks of their opponents. It is important to learn the basic concepts of defense in order to avoid suffering painful defeats due to not knowing how to react. The defense is sometimes a difficult task and a part of the game that many players do not like, often even avoiding positions where they have to defend themselves, despite it being the best option.
- Volume 73: Super GM’S Guide To Positional Chess – GM Damian Lemos This DVD consists of studying the strategic game while acting as a guide for learning how Super GMs dominate positional chess. Over the course of these videos, you will see master games explained in-depth by GM Lemos, placing emphasis on every move, explaining the motive and the distinct reasoning and thinking that causes GMs to make certain decisions.
- Volume 74: Aggressive Attacks: The Most Aggressive Attacks In History – GM Damian Lemos You will learn how to attack and play aggressively right from the opening, to practice calculating and the possible attacks available in various positions, initiative and constantly threatening your opponent.
- Volume 75: How Super GMs Think – Change your Mindset! – GM Damian Lemos GM Damian Lemos reveals the ideas of the middlegame and explains to you how a GM thinks throughout the game. It also focuses on how Super GMs calculate and teaches you to change how you think. This work is presented across extensively-analyzed and annotated games in which GM Lemos explains the plans and ideas behind each position after every move.
- Volume 76: Middlegame Transition Guide: How GMs Transition From Opening to Middlegame – GM Damian Lemos This DVD presents the guide for transition to the middlegame, how GMs plan the passage from the opening to the middlegame, paying particular attention to how the choice of opening decides the plans on how to follow on to the middlegame and the endgame. During the middlegame, the player can lose the advantage they obtained in the opening if they do not know how to correctly enact their plan; just as it happens to experts in endgames. If you do not obtain an advantageous position in the middlegame, it will be very difficult to achieve victory in the endgame.
- Volume 77: Attack Like a Super GM – GM Damian Lemos Many players know how to attack but lack the ability to coordinate material and create decisive threats towards a particular objective. It is important to not only know how to evaluate a position and determine whether you can attack but also the most effective way to transfer your forces into the attack. Not doing this correctly could cost the player the game.
- Volume 78: Counterattack Like a Super GM – GM Damian Lemos Counterattacking, a powerful weapon in our repertoire is one of the important facets of the game that we see in these videos. Often we need to defend and wait for our chance to counterattack; this tends to be very effective as our opponent goes from attacking to having to defend themselves which they don’t like to do. Counterattacking is often more effective against an opponent’s poor defense when they are unable to adapt to the new situation.
- Volume 79: Super GM Tactics – GM Damian Lemos Tactics often complement a prepared strategy and you will also learn how to punish an opponent for ignoring certain norms of the game, such as development, gaining material in exchange for a loss in tempo and you will see the importance of the initiative and prioritizing development over the material.
- Volume 80: Killer Combinations – GM Damian Lemos The GM Damian Lemos focuses on teaching you certain combination tactics that bring about a forced mate or gaining material by meticulously scrutinizing 4 Super GM games in order to explain how Grandmasters think. There are a lot of tactical themes that should be known and certain typical combinations that all players should know. There are simple combinations with few moves to gain material in the short term and other more complex and difficult ones that require longer precise calculation and can bring about a mate or gain material but not immediately.
- The complete annotated PGNs with all of Susan’s analysis, recommended lines, important positions and all of the instructive games featured in the lesson. Now you can analyze with your engine or go through the material quickly to find that one idea or key move.
- Practical tests for each course, so you know for sure you’ll be able to apply the material in a real game
- Detailed course summaries in PDF format so you can easily review each lesson and remind yourself of the key points.
MEET THE AUTHORS:
GM Damian Lemos (FIDE 2559)
Damian Lemos was no stranger to success at an early age, achieving the FIDE Master title at 14 years old, International Master at 15, and Grandmaster at 18. In his courses, Damien works closely with students to first identify the flaws and weaknesses in their games so that they can be properly evaluated and corrected. By developing specifically tailored training regimens, Grandmaster Lemos is able to achieve results that other chess coaches can only dream of.