GM Marian Petrov Reveals…
The Ideas behind every Major Ruy Lopez Variation, Backing them up with Model Games Played by World Champions from Steinitz to Magnus Carlsen!
Right now, the Ruy Lopez is THE most important opening you can learn.
It may have been played for over 500 years but Google’s AI AlphaZero not only rediscovered it, it proved the Ruy Lopez is the BEST continuation for both colors after 1.e4.
What’s Ruy Lopez?
It’s the opening that Kramnik used to take Kasparov’s world crown. It’s one of the two openings that Anand says all players simply must master if they want to get really good at the game.
It’s strategic, tactical, have played on the queenside, kingside and in the center. Direct attacking play, positional squeezes. Learn how to play the Ruy Lopez well and you’re not just learning an opening, you’re learning chess.
The Course – Ruy Lopez:
GM Marian Petrov’s brand-new 10-hour Complete Ruy Lopez walks you through every major variation, explaining how the different choices change the dynamic of the game.
Each variation has a theory and practice section, with GM games (mostly from World Champions) illustrating the middlegame themes and strategies.
Some of what is covered in Complete Ruy Lopez:
- The crazy must-know line in the Berlin that either gives one side a win in 15 moves or leads to an attacking imbalanced endgame. Chapter 5 gives you the insights to win with either color after …Bxh2+!
- Bobby Fischer’s secret weapon. In the 1966 Olympiad, Fischer destroyed Portisch, Gligoric, and Jimenez with his new ideas in the exchange variation (4.Bxc6). GM Petrov explains how to apply Fischer’s strategy in chapter 6.
- Playing the Marshall Attack. Kasparov considered the Marshall Attack so dangerous that he never allowed it as White. It’s razor-sharp and one slip means a quick loss for either side. Learn the 4 key things to look out for in chapter 9.
- The thematic knight sacrifice that Karpov shocked another World Champion with – you can use this idea whenever Black fianchettoes kingside!
- When to use Lasker’s trademark e4-f5 pawn setup to effectively paralyze your opponent’s pieces and attack unopposed.
Studying GM Petrov’s lessons is the clearest path to becoming adept at the Ruy Lopez, the opening everyone is going to be playing by next year.
This is your real chance to get ahead of the curve!
Outline – Complete Ruy Lopez:
- CHAPTER 1 3…d6
- CHAPTER 2 3…g6
- CHAPTER 3 3…Nd4 and 3…Bc5
- CHAPTER 4 3.f5
- CHAPTER 5 3…Nf6
- CHAPTER 6 4.Bc6
- CHAPTER 7 5…Ne4
- CHAPTER 8 Early b5
- CHAPTER 9 Marshall
- CHAPTER 10 Mainlines
Complete Ruy Lopez with GM Petrov video course [10 hours 16 minutes]
GM Marian Petrov is back with his complete guide to this fascinating opening. His 10-hour Complete Ruy Lopez walks you through every major variation, explaining how the different choices change the dynamic of the game.
Complete set of PGNs and ChessBase Files
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs and ChessBase files of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have a treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important chess motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
GM Marian Petrov (FIDE 2537)
is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.