Crushing Queen Pawn
Having an opening that you know inside-out as a response to White’s first move gives you a very good chance of success – but it does make you easy to prepare for.
That’s why every competitive player needs a range of openings they can choose from depending on factors like their opponent’s style or preferred openings. For instance, if your opponent likes playing against the Slav and wants to play for a draw, hit them with the Dutch Stonewall!
This Queens Pawn bundle gives you a comprehensive repertoire against 1.d4, covering the Slav, the Nimzo-Indian, Bogo-Indian and the Stonewall Defenses. Don’t let the name “Defenses” fool you – each of these openings has very powerful attacking opportunities so you can play for the win!
With expert analysis and explanations from 4 GMs, you will gain a complete understanding of the strategic aims and attacking formations for both colors in each opening so you always know what to play.
As useful for White as it is for Black, “Empire Chess Queen Pawn Openings” gives you a world-class 1.d4 repertoire for life.
Start today with this 12 hour Grandmaster course!
What Will You Learn?
- GM Leonid Kritz shows why the Slav is his (and Anand’s) favorite weapon with a ton of surprising tactical ideas winning material against seemingly good, natural White moves.
- GM Perelshteyn explains how to set up the Stonewall formation against nearly any White move order; how to neutralize White’s minor pieces then explode into a Kingside attack.
- A complete repertoire against the Nimzo and Bogo-Indian, two popular and closely related openings, from GM Damian Lemos and FM Will Stewart. More than just opening courses, these volumes teach you how to play hyper-modern chess, allowing White to build a center before demolishing it with attacks from the flanks!
- An in-depth examination of the trendy 4.Qc2 system against the Nimzo-Indian. White needs to know a lot of theory but we can rely on a few typical ideas.
The Bundle Includes The Following Courses:
- Volume 1: Dominate with the Slav Defense, Chameleon Variation – GM LEONID KRITZ “Dominate with the Slav Defense” covers the strong variation with 4….a6, also known as the Chebanenko Variation or Chameleon Variation. The first four clips cover sidelines that are not dangerous to Black but are played frequently at tournament level – knowing how to respond will give you a great early advantage! In the second part of the DVD, we get into the main lines with 5. c5 and 5. e3. These variations lead to complex play where either side can make a mistake so knowing the precise move orders is critical for success. You will reap the rewards from studying this DVD a few times to understand all of the main ideas and subtle concepts.
- Volume 4: Crushing White with the Nimzo-Indian Defense – GM DAMIAN LEMOS: GM Lemos shares his experience of playing the Nimzo-Indian (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4) at GM tournaments in this DVD, giving you a complete understanding of this aggressive opening. FM Will Stewart clarifies the key points and breaks down critical concepts for beginner and intermediate audiences. With over 2 hours of explanations and analysis, ¨Crushing White – The Nimzo-Indian Defense¨ will arm you with a great weapon to win with as Black.
- Volume 33: HOW GRANDMASTERS ATTACK – GM DANIEL NARODITSKY GM Naroditsky heavily emphasizes the importance of aggression in chess, demonstrating various methods of attack by analyzing select games from top-level Grandmasters. Naroditsky also explains a few of his own games, and it is truly fascinating to learn about the decision-making process of this talented young GM. This chess DVD is perfect for beginner and intermediate chess players who are trying to take their game to the next level. You will immediately experience better tournament results after watching this DVD because you will always be focused on making an attacking move, pressuring your opponent, and consistently forcing your opponent to solve complex problems.
- Volume 5: Crushing White with the Bogo-Indian Defense – GM DAMIAN LEMOS The Bogo-Indian Defense (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 Bb4 ) forms a powerful repertoire when combined with the Nimzo-Indian and, in this 75 minute DVD, GM Lemos gives his insight into how Black should play to wrestle the initiative from White and play the game on his own terms. With the emphasis on understanding the strategic concepts instead of memorizing long lines, you will quickly be equipped with a fearsome response to 1.d4.
- Volume 63: Beating the Nimzo-Indian Defense with 4. QC2 – GM TIMUR GAREEV GM Timur Gareev examines the classical (or Capablanca) 4.Qc2 Nimzo Indian in great detail to provide intermediate to advanced players with a deep understanding of this trendy variation. With both Garry Kasparov and Magnus Carlsen having revived the popularity of this line with excellent results, it is one that you need to know regardless of which color you play. The extensive analysis and GM insight will accelerate improvement in all players’ positional understanding and allow them to play the Nimzo-Indian to a very high standard.
Meet the authors:
GM Damian Lemos (FIDE 2559)
Damian Lemos was no stranger to success at an early age, achieving the FIDE Master title at 14 years old, International Master at 15, and Grandmaster at 18. In his courses, Damien works closely with students to first identify the flaws and weaknesses in their games so that they can be properly evaluated and corrected. By developing specifically tailored training regimens, Grandmaster Lemos is able to achieve results that other chess coaches can only dream of.