Empire Chess Volumes 31-40
This product bundle features over 30 hours of high-quality chess instruction intended for players of all levels. This 10 disc set is very unique as it presents several new additions to the OnlineChessLessons team, featuring an all-star lineup that includes Grandmasters Daniel Naroditsky, Timur Gareev, Victor Mikhalevski, Rafael Leitão, Ronen Har-Zvi, Alex Ipatov, Damian Lemos, IM Maia Lomineishvili, and FM Alisa Melekhina!
While the topics of this 10 DVD set are diverse and include specific focuses on different chess opening systems, the general emphasis is on attacking chess. All of these players are known for being very dangerous, combinative, and downright aggressive on the chess board – and this truly shines through in their individual DVDs. This series of chess DVDs are guaranteed to improve your chess by encouraging you to constantly pressure your opponent and increase your tactical aptitude and awareness.
- Volume 31: Insane Chess Sacrifices – Presented by GM Timur Gareev & Ronen Har-Zvi: If you want to win more games, you have to attack your opponent and can not be scared to sacrifice to break through with an attack. In this chess DVD, Grandmasters Timur Gareev (2680 FIDE) and Ronen Har-Zvi (2515 FIDE) explain particularly impressive sacrifices by leading GMs Judit Polgar, Emil Sutovsky, Hikaru Nakamura, Dragoljub Velimirović, and Artur Yusupov.
- Volume 32: Mastering the Positional Sacrifice – Presented by GM Alex Ipatov ¨Mastering the Positional Sacrifice¨ is a comprehensive chess DVD that is guaranteed to better your understanding of one of the most effective weapons in chess. This chess DVD is presented by Grandmaster Alex Ipatov, the 2012 World Junior Chess Champion! GM Ipatov is a highly qualified chess instructor at 2590 FIDE and does a fantastic job of sharing his deep knowledge of an extremely complicated and difficult concept – the positional sacrifice.
- Volume 33: How Grandmasters Attack – Presented by GM Naroditsky: GM Naroditsky heavily emphasizes the importance of aggression in chess, demonstrating various methods of attack by analyzing select games from top-level Grandmasters. Naroditsky also explains a few of his own games, and it is truly fascinating to learn about the decision-making process of this talented young GM. This chess DVD is perfect for beginner and intermediate chess players who are trying to take their game to the next level. You will immediately experience better tournament results after watching this DVD because you will always be focused on making an attacking move, pressuring your opponent, and consistently forcing your opponent to solve complex problems.
- Volume 34: Winning Chess Games in the Opening – Presented by GM Rafael Leitao: The opening is the most critical phase in chess. If you are an extremely aggressive player, from the very first moves striving to place pressure on your opponent – you will thrive in the opening and achieve great positions early in your games. However, if you are a passive player and prefer to build a solid position before creating threats against your opponent’s position, you will never achieve good positions in the opening because your opponent will have a free reign to seize the initiative and start attacking you. If you want to be a strong chess player, it is absolutely essential to deeply understand basic opening rules (control the center, develop your pieces, create threats).
- Volume 35: Smashing the Sicilian Defense with the Smith-Morra Gambit – Presented by GM Ronen Har-Zvi: The Smith-Morra Gambit is an extremely effective surprise weapon because many Sicilian Defense players wrongly believe the Smith-Morra to be outdated and easily refutable. While the Smith-Morra Gambit is rarely seen at the elite Grandmaster level, it remains a strong opening for white against the Sicilian Defense as black is guaranteed to face long-lasting, unpleasant pressure in every part of the board. Starting with 1. e4 c5 2. d4 cxd4 3. c3!? white immediately places pressure on black by sacrificing a central pawn to gain a rapid lead in development and long-term compensation via pressure on the C and D files. Black is forced to walk a tightrope from the very first moves as the slightest inaccuracy can lead to a decisive advantage for white.
- Volume 36: Crushing White with the King’s Indian Defense – Presented by FM Alisa Melekhina: FM Alisa Melekhina provides a comprehensive overview of alternatives to the main line of the KID, demonstrating the opening’s viability. She uses a clear structure of dividing the alternatives between the typical attacking and more position exd4 lines. Within that structure, she suggests ways to harness the 7. ..Na6 or 7. ..Nbd7 sidelines to adapt to White’s play and choose which of the two modes of the KID to play.
- Volume 37: Explosive Middlegame Tactics – Presented by GM Rafael Leitão: How many games have you won or lost due to tactics? Think about how many decisive victories have come by attentively picking off an opponent’s loose piece via a combination. Think about how many times you have lost a pawn due to a forcing sequence of moves by your opponent. While it is important to have a well-rounded style, it is critical for chess players of all levels to be good at tactics because combinations are often what forces decisive outcomes in chess. Even if you are more of a positional player, in many games you will still have to employ forcing moves with direct tactical repercussions to achieve long-term, comprehensive positional gain. In this 3-hour chess DVD by experienced Grandmaster Rafael Leitão, viewers will learn how elite players view chess tactics in the middlegame.
- Volume 38: Winning Pawn Moves for Beginners – Presented by IM Maia Lomineishvili: This 4.5-hour chess DVD is extremely helpful to beginner chess players because it is a comprehensive review of nearly every different type of pawn move that will change the outcome of a game. Viewers will learn about a variety of topics ranging from the importance of creating passed pawns in the endgame to the most effective methods of attacking with an isolated pawn structure, or the best ways to blockade and target your opponent’s isolated pawn! ¨Winning Pawn Moves for Beginners¨ is presented by Maia Lomineishvili is an International Master and Women’s Grandmaster from Georgia with over 15 years of professional chess playing and teaching experience.
- Volume 39: Deadly Chess Attacks – Presented by GM Victor Mikhalevski: GM Victor Mikhalevski is an extremely dangerous grandmaster, renown for his sharp attacking skills and propensity for wild sacrifices. GM Mikhalevski is an experienced chess trainer and has held the grandmaster title for over 17 years, and in this Empire Chess DVD ¨Deadly Chess Attacks¨ he explains several of his most instructive victories by highlighting critical moments and providing detailed insight for viewers as to how a grandmaster approaches the thought process in chess. It is fascinating to learn how Mikhalevski thinks about certain positions, the types of candidate move that he considers, and the deepness of the varied plans he contemplates. If you are an intermediate or advanced chess player trying to improve your tactical vision and attacking abilities, this chess DVD is guaranteed to improve your results immediately.
- Volume 40: Grandmaster Secrets – Play like Veselin Topalov- Presented by GM Damian Lemos: In this chess DVD, Grandmaster Damian Lemos creates a detailed study of Topalov’s style by dissecting five of his best games – demonstrating Topalov’s versatility in very different types of positions. Viewers will gain a greater understanding of several fundamental concepts, including how to develop an initiative rapidly in the opening, the conversion of advantages (for example converting a lead in development to a dangerous attack, or converting a dynamic attack into a long-term positional advantage, etc.) GM Lemos applies his deep positional understanding and strong combinative vision to break down the critical aspects of Topalov’s style that made him so effective at the highest levels in chess.