In this 21-lesson, 10.5-hour course IM Mat Kolosowki reveals the secrets of central control - and how you can use them to dominate your games. IM Kolosowski has taken these advanced concepts and presented them in a way that any ambitious player will be able to understand and use.
Mastering the Center
How Masters Win in the Middlegame… by Controlling What Happens in the Center
Every chess player knows the CHESS CENTER is critical… but most just stick a pawn on d4 or e4, drop a knight on f3 and start attacking.
And they wonder why it doesn’t work…
However, their bad habit is your golden ticket…
Learn the secrets of advanced chess center control and you will:
- Enjoy hyperactive pieces that dominate every key square, paralyzing your rival’s play.
- Be able to lock or open the center when it favors you, leaving your opponent scrambling to react.
- Know which flank to attack and where to place your pieces for the best chance of success.
- Find deep strategic ideas that give you a winning endgame – if your opponent lasts that long!
Very few club players really understand all there is to know about mastering the center… but YOU can be one of them.
In his new 10 hour course, IM Mat Kolosowski reveals the many secrets of central control – and how you can use them to dominate your games.
Some of what IM Kolosowski reveals:
- Powerful attack formations in closed positions. Just when your opponent has settled in for a slow maneuvering game, you blow open the position and lay siege to the enemy king! See how the great Larry Christiansen used this idea to turn this position into a win just 5 moves later.
- Two things you need to crush with a queenside avalanche without having to worry about getting mated. (See how Kasparov lost to this in just 31 moves as White in chapter 6!)
- How to use the center to maximize your space advantage – and what to do next to convert that space into material superiority.
IM Kolosowski has taken these advanced concepts and presented them in a way that any ambitious player will be able to understand and use. Now it is your move!
Mastering the Center with IM Mat Kolosowski [10.5-hour course]
In this 21-lesson, 10.5-hour course IM Mat Kolosowki reveals the secrets of mastering the chess center – and how you can use them to dominate your games. IM Kolosowski has taken these advanced concepts and presented them in a way that any ambitious player will be able to understand and use.
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important move sequences with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Applying the Theory [34-minutes]
Watch IM Kolosowski outplaying his competition with the ideas, principles, and plans demonstrated in the course. This extra video will help you see how everything works together!
Brief Summary of the Course [PDF]
The downloadable summary of the key points covered in the course for quick reference and review. Use it as a quick refresher after studying the course or print it and pin it on the wall.
Extra Training Tasks [PDF]
Advanced training tasks are there to take your chess understanding to the next level! Learn from the ideas and strategies of the strongest players. After solving those problems you will get one step closer to chess mastery!
- PART 1: Closed Center – King’s Side Attacks
- INTRO Introduction to the course
- CHAPTER 1 Playing for an attack
- CHAPTER 2 Two Types of attacks in closed positions
- CHAPTER 3 Launching an attack
- CHAPTER 4 Getting a counter play I
- CHAPTER 5 Getting a counter play II
- PART 2: Closed Center – Attacking on the Queen’s Side
- CHAPTER 6 Queen’s side attacks
- CHAPTER 7 How to win a closed position?
- CHAPTER 8 Combined Attacks I
- CHAPTER 9 Combined Attacks II
- CHAPTER 10 Attacking in Ruy Lopez
- CHAPTER 11 Playing on both sides of the board
- PART 3: Open Center
- CHAPTER 12 Pawn majority and the outposts
- CHAPTER 13 King’s side pawn majority attack
- CHAPTER 14 Bishop pair – why is it so important?
- CHAPTER 15 Bishop pair – controlling the important squares
- CHAPTER 16 Control over the center
- CHAPTER 17 How to use the initiative and utilize space?
- PART 4: Dynamic Center and Non-Standard Positions
- CHAPTER 18 Mobile chess centers
- CHAPTER 19 Breaking through and seizing the initiative
- CHAPTER 20 Evolving center
- CHAPTER 21 Imbalances: space vs. weaknesses
IM Mat Kolosowski (FIDE 2451)
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalists. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship. During the course of his chess career Mat won many international tournaments. Apart from being a player, he is also a chess coach who has experience in working with students from more than 20 countries. So far he helped a few of them in obtaining their own international titles. Mat has also performed live commentary of Polish and European Rapid and Blitz Championships.