IM Bence Szabo's brand new Opening Principles Crash Course drills down deep into each of the mentioned principles to expertly teach you to see them through a master’s eyes. His course is very comprehensive, giving you 6 hours of HD video training, detailed PGN files sorted by theme, as well as our online practicum.
Here at The ChessWorld, we offer courses on a lot of specific chess openings, and they are indeed wildly popular.
They provide the strategies and theory in all of the most popular openings, as shared by experienced, battle-hardened masters and even grandmasters.
But there’s also a BIG problem that causes many to struggle anyway…
The strategies and theory in the dedicated courses they study are like “booster packs” that should be used in addition to your mastery of the “Three Power Principles” of Opening Play.
That’s right. There are just three principles that if mastered, will result in super solid, sensible, and strong opening play – without even knowing any theory!
And you are probably aware of them too, you just haven’t integrated them on a master’s level.
The Three Principles of Opening Mastery (Without Needing the Theory!):
- Rapid Development of Forces (especially bishops and knights)
- Control of Center (whether by distant attack or occupation)
- King Safety (get that king to safety, usually by castling ASAP!)
And sure, I can hear you shouting at me “I KNOW this stuff, Yury!”.
But do you? I’d wager that you know these principles at a vague intellectual level and try to roughly follow them, but you don’t know the nuances, priorities, exceptions, and so on.
This is what separates club players from masters.
And this is where IM Bence Szabo comes in.
His brand new Opening Principles Crash Course drills down deep into each of the principles above to expertly teach you to see them through a master’s eyes.
A whole new world of knowledge opens up and you’ll soon play the openings you do play with a new level of mastery and sophistication.
His course is very comprehensive, giving you 6 hours of HD video training, detailed PGN files sorted by theme, as well as our online practicum.
So if you’re ready to build that firm foundation of opening knowledge that 90% of club players lack…
What you will learn:
- You’ll Dominate the Center! You’ll discover exactly when to play “weird” retreating moves like …Bd8!! (diagram) followed by …f5 and …e4 rolling an unstoppable pawn center forward!
- You’ll Develop Pieces at Lightning Pace! Ever wondered how masters are so efficient and seem to reach positions where they have ALL pieces out before their opponent and soon overwhelm them with attacks? All will be revealed by IM Szabo! Don’t miss Chapter 4!
- You’ll Evacuate Your OWN King, Whilst Catching the Enemy King in the Center! Get your king to safety FAST, get your attack started, and strike with moves like Spassky’s …Rh1!! (diagram) before your opponent even manages to castle!
Grab the course and make sure you KNOW these vital, foundational opening principles inside and out – THEN, go review all of the main theories in your lines.
Chapter 1. The Importance of the Center (part I)
Chapter 2. The Importance of the Center (part II)
Chapter 3. The Importance of the Center (part III)
Chapter 4. The Importance of the Center (part IV)
Chapter 5. How to Develop Pieces (part I)
Chapter 6. How to Develop Pieces (part II)
Chapter 7. How to Develop Pieces (part III)
Chapter 8. Castling (part I)
Chapter 9. Castling (part II)
Chapter 10. Castling (part III)
About the author:
IM Bence Szabo [2406 FIDE]
is a Hungarian International Master and an active tournament player. Bence previously held the National and European Youth Champion’s title. IM Szabo has over 10 years of coaching experience with some of his top students becoming National Champions in different age categories and claiming various international norms and titles. Bence works as a head coach in one of the largest chess schools in Hungary. He has worked with multiple medal-winning Olympic Grandmasters and other top talents.