The London System is enjoying a resurgence in popularity now, with Kramnik and Carlsen among the top-level practitioners. It’s far from being the exclusive property of elite GMs, however.
Foxy DVD Series – Vol 175 – 177
The London System is enjoying a resurgence in popularity now, with Kramnik and Carlsen among the top-level practitioners.
It’s far from being the exclusive property of elite GMs, however.
GM Ron Henley’s 13 hour London System for the Tournament Player teaches you an opening you can play against nearly anything Black tries and does so without dumping a ton of computer analysis on you and expecting you to remember it all.
Instead, GM Ron Henley shows you the most brilliant and instructive games across the history of the London System, everything from Capablanca to Carlsen, feeding you memorable, game-winning ideas.
Some of the game-winning ideas you will learn:
- The sneaky trap that sees you “lose” your rook on move 8 only for the rest of your army to spring to life and end the reign of the enemy king in spectacular, bloodthirsty fashion.
- Kamsky’s killer Greek gift sac that brought down a 2600 GM in 30 moves. The beauty of this idea is it doesn’tlook like White has a follow-up. And no-one prepares for a move they don’t fear.
- The easy-to-learn Kovacevic kingside hack-attack that has you playing winning moves like 14.Ng5! (see diagram).
The great thing about this course is Ron Henley’s summaries at the end of each game. These are short bullet-points on the key “takeaways” from each game, such as “Rubinstein allows Black to capture on f4, then uses the doubled f-pawns to clamp down on e5”. Quick notes that help you remember entire strategies.
If you want to master an opening system without memorizing reams of theory, an opening system you can use in all your games as White, there’s no easier or more effective way than with this course.
3 Part DVD set-13 hours of easy to learn content
Vol.175 Early History 26 Highly Instructive Games 4 hours
- Caro-Kann Exchange Variation
Vol.176 23 Highly Instructive Games 4 Hours 23 mins
- Black Plays …Qb6 & …c4
- White plays 10.Bxc4!
- Black Plays …e5, c5 & 5…Bg4
- Black Plays 5…Bf5
- 6.Ngf3! E6 or 6Ngf3 Qb6 7.Nh4!
- Black Plays …c5, & 5…Qb6
- Classical Setup …e6
Vol.177 38 Highly Instructive Games in 4 hours 37 mins
- Classical Setup …e6
- Slav Setup 2…c6
- Symmetrical 2…Bf5
- Semi-Slav Triangle …c6 & …e6
- Chigorin Set-Up 2…Nc6 and Trompowsky Reversed 2…Bg4
GM Ron Henley, Chess Instructor, Lecturer & Coach, Author of several books & over 30 DVDs.
The most extensive DVD content ever produced in The London. Black will have a difficult time meeting the London. There are 87 games presented from top GM’s, like Kamsky Kramnik & Carlsen, lots of quick wins that are easy to learn. This 3 part DVDs are for all levels and playing strength from Scholastic players to anyone that wants to become a Master. This is the most extensive Dvd content ever produced in The London. Learn how to Play like GM Kamsky, Kramnik, and even World Champion Magnus Carlsen.