Positional Chess Masterclass
Discover the secrets of positional chess with this new, 9½ hour course from iChess and GM Damian Lemos!
Through the analysis of 16 carefully chosen games, Damian explains how we can build winning positions, move by move, without our opponent having to make a tactical mistake!
Every aspect of positional play is studied, including GM methods for consistently improving your pieces, building unbearable pressure and targeting a weakness.
The techniques you learn in this course will enable you to win in any type of position and notice the strongest ideas at a glance – perfect for blitz games!
Take the Positional Chess Masterclass and transform your understanding of chess.
How will this course make you a better player?
- You’ll learn the art of transforming the advantage when you’re in a better position but can’t find a way forward. See how Joel Lautier used this idea to crush positional genius Anatoly Karpov! (Chapter 1)
- Our position needs activity like we need oxygen. Learn Kasparov’s strategy for suffocating your opponent with simple but surprising moves (chapter 6).
- You’ll learn advanced secrets of handling the minor pieces. Damian explains the hidden potential Magnus Carlsen saw in his pieces that allowed him to dismantle Karjakin with ease! (Chapter 12)
- And this is just a beginning…
9.5 hours of a GM teaches you how to outplay your rivals with proven, pro-level strategies that you will always remember.
Positional Chess Masterclass (9.5 hours)
This course delves deep into how to play positionally using the most instructive examples from GM play. Pure gold for a club player eager to improve!
Printable PDF course summary
Downloadable and easy-to-follow PDF course summary for easy reference.
PGNs of all games and variations presented in the course
PGN of featured games with extra lines and variations from GM Lemos.
Challenging puzzles to test your positional understanding and newly acquired skills. Practice makes perfect!
- CHAPTER 1 Transforming the advantage: Lautier-Karpov
- CHAPTER 2 Positional technique: Greenfeld-Anand
- CHAPTER 3 Improving the pieces: Aagaard-Akesson
- CHAPTER 4 Punishing passive pieces: Obregon Rivero-Martinez Lopez
- CHAPTER 5 Building pressure: Bauer-Korchnoi
- CHAPTER 6 Positional paralysis: Kasparov-Petrosian
- CHAPTER 7 Positional tactics: Petrosian-Geller
- CHAPTER 8 Playing with the isolated pawn: Kudrin-Kaidanov
- CHAPTER 9 Playing against the isolated pawn: Adams-Yusupov
- CHAPTER 10 Centralization: Kogan-Avrukh
- CHAPTER 11 Over-extended pawns: Sanguineti-Petrosian
- CHAPTER 12 Superior minor pieces: Carlsen-Karjakin
- CHAPTER 13 Targeting a weakness: Bellini-Mantovani
- CHAPTER 14 Opposite-side castling: Wojtkiewicz-Andersson
- CHAPTER 15 Powerful pawns: Uritzky-Alterman
- CHAPTER 16 Open lines: Gelfand-Salov
GM Damian Lemos (FIDE 2559)
Damian Lemos was no stranger to success at an early age, achieving the FIDE Master title at 14 years old, International Master at 15, and Grandmaster at 18. In his courses, Damien works closely with students to first identify the flaws and weaknesses in their games so that they can be properly evaluated and corrected. By developing specifically tailored training regimens, Grandmaster Lemos is able to achieve results that other chess coaches can only dream of.