Positional Chess Mastery Bundle
How do Grandmasters think about chess? What is so different about the thought process that separates them so far above other chess players?
These are tough questions but the answer doesn’t have to be complicated.
The reality is that Grandmasters simply understand the game better than everyone else. Let’s compare your decision-making process with a GM.
On every single move, are you considering every relevant factor on the board before you decide which long-term plan to employ and which short-term forcing moves to play? Are you considering the positional implications of every move that you make?
That is why I wanted to create this new bundle to focus exclusively on positional play and long term strategy in chess. This detailed course will drastically improve the way you think in chess and overall how you understand the game, it features several different GM presenters (including a few DVDs I made!) so you are going to learn different philosophies about core positional concepts that are going to change the way you play chess.
What You Will Learn:
- How to take advantage of your opponent’s weak color complex (most players under 2000 don’t even notice this weakness making it a good source of wins).
- When to use Rook lifts to pile the pressure on your rival.
- How to see “ahead of time” and spoil your opponent’s plans like the master of prophylaxis, Tigran Petrosian.
- How to force favorable changes to the pawn structure – your opponents won’t even know where they went wrong!
- How Bobby Fischer’s mastery of hanging pawns and the Bishop pair enabled him to beat Spassky as Black and seal his World Championship victory.
The Course Will Teach You:
- How to slow your opponent down with minimum effort, giving you free rein on the other side of the board.
- How to use the exchange sacrifice to win from drawish positions.
- Capablanca’s method for creating passed pawns with sacrifices (great in blocked positions).
- Petrosian’s art of constantly improving your pieces (Fischer once said of a game with Tigran, “Each time Petrosian achieved a good position, he managed to maneuver into a better one.”)
What It Will Do For You:
- You’ll find your games flow into strong positions, presenting you with winning opportunities much more often.
- No more passive positions, piece activity is both a principle and result of good positional play.
- You’ll have more variety in your games, be more creative and get more enjoyment from your chess.
- You’ll be able to control the game against players you find tough right now, leading to many satisfying wins.
The Bundle Includes The Following Courses:
- Volume 24: Winning Chess Strategy for Beginners – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This DVD features hours of action-packed chess instruction, presented by Grandmaster Damian Lemos who explains the art of the middlegame and focuses on how you can start winning more games now! If you are a beginner chess player looking to improve your tournament results IMMEDIATELY, this chess DVD is GUARANTEED TO HELP YOU PLAY BETTER!
- Volume 25-26: Play the Middlegame Like a Grandmaster Part 1&2 – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This DVD features hours of action-packed chess instruction, presented by Grandmaster Damian Lemos who explains the art of the middlegame and focuses on how you can start winning more games now! If you are a beginner chess player looking to improve your tournament results IMMEDIATELY, this chess DVD is GUARANTEED TO HELP YOU PLAY BETTER!
- Volume 28: Play Positional Chess Like a Grandmaster – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This method presented by GM Lemos is exponentially more effective than the simple memorization of common rules. If you are a beginner chess player that is trying to improve your tournament results but currently lack the deeper understanding of positional chess that is required to succeed at higher levels, this chess DVD is guaranteed to push you towards more profound plans and better results immediately!
- Volume 32: Mastering the Positional Sacrifice – Presented by GM Alex Ipatov: The positional sacrifice is one of the hardest concepts to learn in chess because it requires a profound understanding of the game. Many beginner and intermediate players vastly overemphasize the importance of the material in chess, failing to utilize the massive benefits that a positional sacrifice can bring. This is a comprehensive chess DVD that is guaranteed to better your understanding of one of the most effective weapons in chess.
- Volume 53: GM Strategy for Club Players – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This chess DVD looks at ‘Strategy’ and discusses the many strategical openings, then breaks down the strategical elements of each game and some of the key concepts are identified.
- Volume 54: World Champion Strategy – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This DVD discusses many strategical openings primarily using game examples from World Champions. Many methods and concepts are considered including The Nimzo from both sides Strategy, Bogo Indian, Queen’s Indian, Nimzo Indian and much more!
- Volume 56: Control the Center – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This DVD has an emphasis on the ‘Center’ how to stake an advantage there, once secured, how to then approach with an attack on a different part of the board. Discussions of the theoretical openings and their control of the center are also considered.
- Volume 57: Positional Chess Guide – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: In this DVD, GM Damian Lemos looks at ‘Positional Play’ things like voluntarily giving up ‘The Bishop Pair’, How to attack doubled ‘C’ pawns, Placing Rooks deliberately on Closed files, The IQP advantages and disadvantages, and many more Positional Play methods.
- Volume 58: Master the Middlegame – Presented by GM Damian Lemos: This DVD has an emphasis on the ‘Middlegame’ looking at ideas and concepts based around Pawn Structure, Bishop Pair, King’s Pawn Cover, and many more elements. The opening is also considered on the lead into the resulting middle games.
Meet the authors:
GM Damian Lemos (FIDE 2559)
Damian Lemos was no stranger to success at an early age, achieving the FIDE Master title at 14 years old, International Master at 15, and Grandmaster at 18. In his courses, Damien works closely with students to first identify the flaws and weaknesses in their games so that they can be properly evaluated and corrected. By developing specifically tailored training regimens, Grandmaster Lemos is able to achieve results that other chess coaches can only dream of.