GM Jesper Thybo reveals…
Chess is very much like boxing where you need to start with your 1-2 combination before your opponent could get his hands up… if you don’t, you might end up on the floor!
How do you do that?
You start threatening your opponent’s pieces right from move one. One threat after another… until your opponent ends up trapping himself in a worse position, and you land the final fatal blow.
Where most club players go wrong is they focus too much on the offensive without caring about their opponent’s ideas.
Needless to say, their whole being-on-the-offensive strategy backfires and they end up losing the game badly… often in the opening phase only.
How do they do that?
Danish GM Jesper Thybo is here to show to you, through his own 20 real game examples, how a grandmaster actually thinks before making a move and how he puts his opponents under a 100-ton strategic hydraulic press!
His brand-new course Pressuring Your Opponent Like a Grandmaster is over 9 hours long, with supplementary PGNs and a practicum for life!
A sneak peek inside the training…
- Rook activation. Get this major piece out into the game as fast as you can! Once a rook finds an open file and invades the enemy camp, all hell breaks loose… for your opponent like it did for Black in this game.
- Ruthless counterattack. Your opponent might be an attacking maniac himself. No worries… follow Jesper’s technique of landing a “surprise” blow to throw your opponent off track and gain control of the game.
- Delayed gratification. Even if your opponent gains an extra pawn, don’t react. Focus on your fast development and put pressure on your opponent’s weak squares or pieces. Jesper shows you how to do this in Lecture 1 with his game against Keinanen in Rilton Cup 2019-20.
- Passed pawn advance. Most passed pawns end up getting captured. Why? Because you don’t keep your opponent busy elsewhere. Jesper demonstrates how to hold off your opponent with constant threats while pushing that passed pawn forward.
- Drawish endgame conversions. In Lecture 20, Jesper explains an endgame, move by move, how he converted a seemingly drawish position against his opponent, Maximilian Ruff. (Our review: A very interesting position… every move took away squares from his opponent until he was left helpless in a corner. Definitely a must-watch for every chess student!)
Head on over and watch these videos – I think you’ll LOVE this course—if you want to learn how to squeeze your opponent like a boa constrictor!
- Pressuring Your Opponent Like a Grandmaster – video course [9 hours 3 mins] – Danish GM Jesper Thybo is here to show to you, through his own 20 real game examples, how a grandmaster actually thinks before making a move and how he puts his opponents under a 100-ton strategic hydraulic press!ç
- Complete set of PGNs – Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
- Access to Practicum – Train the important attacking motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
About the Author
GM Jesper Thybo [2590 FIDE]
is a 22-year old Grandmaster from Denmark. Jesper is a member of a Danish National Team, representing his country on multiple occasions. GM Thybo won multiple prestigious chess tournaments including the 2017 U-18 European Championship, the 2018 Copenhagen Chess Challenge, the 2019 Chess House GM, 2021 Radnicki Chess GM. He is also a two-time Danish rapid Champion and a professional chess player and coach.