When I was younger I could never get my head around how do the masters play so precise?
It seems like they almost foresee all my moves.
I worked on tactics, strategy and positional chess but there was something MAJOR missing preventing me from playing much better.
And that missing piece was… the PROPHYLAXIS.
Prophylactic thinking is the habit of constantly asking yourself “what my opponent wants to do” and the ability to find a good reply.
Right now, there are thousands of chess players out there… who has no idea how much they are being held BACK by poor prophylactic skills?
It’s sad but true. Think about it this way:
Prophylaxis is the art & science of preventing your opponents’ threats.
It is a fundamental skill that is equally important regardless of the level you’re at. Prophylaxis is like dribbling in basketball. If you play the game, it is essential that you know how to dribble!
From stopping your opponent’s tactical ideas to cutting off his positional play, prophylaxis plays a HUGE role in every single move!
(And it improves your results. A lot.)
In this masterclass, IM Lilov has adopted the same principles that have been proven effective time and time again by classic players (think Aron Nimzowitsch)…
…and bridged the gap to the chess players’ needs of today!
The result is an incredibly valuable course that gets our highest possible recommendation for ANYONE who takes chess seriously!
Time to get started!
Prophylaxis Masterclass with IM Lilov – video course [9 hours]
In this 9-hour video course, IM Valeri Lilov has adopted the same Prophylaxis Chess principles that have been proven effective time and time again by classic players (think Aron Nimzowitsch) and bridged the gap to the chess players’ needs of today!
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important strategical motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Prophylaxis – Practical Play [30-minutes]
Watch IM Lilov annotating his games while applying the principles covered in the course. A must-have for any serious chess player.
- Building a habit of prophylactic play – your step #1.
- How prophylactic thinking works, how the masters use it and how you can use it in your own games?
- A secret to applying prophylactic thinking in complex positions [a BIG shortcut]
- A system for recognizing the RIGHT tactical patterns [the Najdorf Method]
- Training your prophylactic thinking to interfere with your opponent’s plan and ideas [hint: it is NOT based on repetition]
- The timeless secret of stopping your opponents’ play BEFORE it happened – will save you tons of games and Elo points
- Must know prophylactic plays and maneuvers demystified
- And much more!
- CHAPTER 1: Evaluation and Pressure
- CHAPTER 2: Restriction and Control
- CHAPTER 3: Learn the Tactical Patterns
- CHAPTER 4: Move by Move – Solid Chess
- CHAPTER 5: Anticipate and Scheme
- CHAPTER 6: Analyse Your Mistakes
- CHAPTER 7: Defending
- CHAPTER 8: ABCs of Planning
- CHAPTER 9: Conclusion
- BONUS Practical session
IM Valeri Lilov (FIDE 2438)
better known as Tiger Lilov is a professional chess coach and lecturer renowned for his personalized approach to training students and professional players from all over the world. Having been an active tournament player all his life, he has won many international open tournaments and championships including the European Individual School Chess Championship U10 (Moscow, 2000) and the Kulaga Memorial International Open (Minsk, 2007).