If you are looking for a new way to take control of your chess, don’t hesitate to learn from GM Marian Petrov’s series about the immensely popular Catalan Opening by GM Petrov.
From his detailed game reviews between GMs to precise analyses of variations, you will be more than ready to show your opponent what you are made of!
In this course, GM Marian Petrov will guide you through all the possible main variations in the Catalan Opening for White. Specifically, he will cover the following:
- How to maintain the crucial initial advantage you have as White
- How to gain more control over critical areas around the board
- Flexible options for White against different Black replies
- How to integrate and always think about the main plans within this opening
What will this course do for you?
After completing this course, you will be able to learn (from the best) the core ideas of the Catalan and tons of strategy to suit your playing style.
What you will learn:
- The best responses to the common dxc4 line
- How to proceed with early Bb4+ and Be7 lines
- Piece placement and strategy for the 6…c6 variation
- How to place your piece on their best squares
GM Marian Petrov (FIDE 2537)
Is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.