GM Daniel Gormally provides you with the high-level middlegame understanding required to succeed at the highest levels. There’s a saying: “Before the chess endgame, the Gods have placed the chess middlegame.” And this is exactly where you secure your winning point going toward the endgame.
Why was this course created?
Are you spending hours studying chess openings? That’s good. Maybe you’re also trying to solve a dozen endgame puzzles every day Even better.
But, let me tell you something crucial. If you have not conquered the chess middlegame yet, you’ll never succeed at the higher levels.
The chess middlegame is where you really show yourself as a chess player to the rest of the world. Here’s where you demonstrate your level of chess strategy mastery.
The chess middlegame is the most complex phase of a chess game, combining tactics and chess strategy, attack and defense, pawn and piece play. There is so much going on that it can easily become overwhelming.
Thankfully, British Grandmaster Danny Gormally is here to explain his unique philosophy on how to win extra points and greatly improve your chess with dominant middlegame play.
GM Daniel Gormally, in his trademark entertaining and informative style, explains how to master both the strategic and psychological problems players face in real games.
The chess middlegame is where you outclass your opponent – not by memorizing lines, but by the depth of your deep chess understanding and first-rate calculation skills.
About the Author:
Danny is an English chess Grandmaster and coach. His peak rating is 2573 Elo, achieved in the January 2006 rating list.
Gormally played for the English national team in the 2005 European Team Chess Championship and 2006 Chess Olympiad.
GM Daniel Gormally’s new Secrets of The Middlegame course reveals best-kept secrets on how to put in your own twist and weave magic in middlegames—in true grandmaster style.
This huge 15-hour Master Method course throws light upon the most vital yet often overlooked issues of middlegame faced by regular chess players.
Is this course for me?
If you want to win games, there’s no escaping to the middlegame. This course is going to help you conquer the chess middlegame and improve your chess strategy knowledge.
Here’s what you will learn in this course:
- King’s men forward march! Conduct computer-like analysis to judge your position and confidently push those g- and h-pawns ahead to derail your opponent, just like Fabiano Caruana did with 18…g5! against Zherebukh in US Chess Championship 2018.
- Queen prowl in the middlegame. Unleash the full power of your queen without falling into sneaky opponent’s traps. Study this classic Janowski vs Rubinstein game (1907) for a smart queen activation technique utilized by the likes of Garry Kasparov, Magnus Carlsen, and Vishy Anand.
- d3-bishop eliminated forever. If Black castles kingside, one White piece needs to be eliminated: the d3-bishop. GM Gormally shows you a cool tactic starting with a simple b6 to get the job done and create permanent light-square weaknesses for White.
Other topics include:
- How to make life easy for yourself by trading off your opponent’s most deadly pieces.
- Moving pawns in front of your king – what are the pros and cons?
- Knight in shining armor. More than just outposts, GM Gormally explains how mastering the dynamics of knight play in a fierce middlegame battle can be the key to success.
- The psychological basis of mistakes – how to avoid them and provoke them from your rivals. Danny reveals why this is an underestimated topic in chess instruction.
- These and 11 more key strategies are covered in this 15-hour course.
GM Daniel Gormally provides you with the high-level middlegame understanding required to succeed at the highest levels.
There’s a saying: “Before the chess endgame, the Gods have placed the chess middlegame.” And this is exactly where you secure your winning point going toward the endgame.
It’s like a dark tunnel out of which only player gets out ahead of the other.
Who will it be? You or your opponent?