The Susan Polgar Method for Scholastic Chess Training Vol. 2
The post-beginner stage is the most critical in chess.
If you want to make serious progress in the game, it’s what you do now that matters.
Too many players approach chess learning in a haphazard way – it always comes back to bite them later on…
They lose game after game because of weak endgames or positional understanding, spending years stuck at the same old rating as they try to unlearn bad habits…
Get it right the first time with GM Susan Polgar, former prodigy, world champion and one of the finest coaches in the world today.
The Susan Polgar Method for Scholastic Training Vol.2 gives you a properly designed comprehensive course that covers everything.
About the Author:
Grandmaster Susan Polgar is a Hungarian-American chess player and one of the strongest female players ever. She was the Women’s World Chess Champion from 1996 until 1999 and made history in 1986 by becoming the first-ever female player to qualify to compete in the World Chess Championship.
- 4-Time Women’s World Chess Champion (1996-99)
- First-ever female player to qualify to compete in the Men’s World Chess Championship.
- First-ever World Champion to win the Triple-Crown (Rapid, Blitz and Classical World Championships)
- 5-time Olympic Champion with 10 overall medals
- 6-Time USA College Chess Champion Team Head Coach
Who is this course for?
- Players who want to reach 1500-level this year.
- Parents and school coaches who want their children to learn chess in a structured way.
What’s in the course?
- 30 lessons averaging between 15 and 20 minutes in length – perfect for daily study.
- Candidate moves and calculation. Master the most important skill in chess with Susan’s advice on how to visualize outcomes and calculate the correct path to success. Would you find the stunning game-saving move for Black here (diagram)?
- King and pawn endgame mastery. The cornerstone of great endgame play. ALL other endgames can trade down to king + pawn, so you need to know which positions favor you… and how to convert them. Susan explains everything, from “the rule of the square” to triangulation and creating passed pawns. Learn chess the right way with this 8.5-hour course from GM Susan Polgar. You’ll progress quicker and avoid the problems many players experience later on because of bad habits.
- Creative thinking. Your experience of chess patterns will help you massively… but you also need to be able to find creative solutions. Susan helps you develop this skill by walking you through-composed studies like this (diagram). With the rook en prise and facing a nasty discovered check, how does White save themselves?
- Winning trades. A rook for a rook, a bishop for a bishop… that’s equal, right? Wrong! It usually favors one side. Susan explains how to be on the winning side of the trade every time.
- Castling secrets. Still, castling on move 5? You might have a better move. Susan explains when and where to castle and why sometimes it’s better not to castle at all!
Learn the secrets of strategy, tactics, endgames and develop a winning mentality with this comprehensive course from an award-winning GM coach.
This is a training program designed to build competitive players the right way… without the bad habits that impede progress further down the line.
To help you (or your students) get the most out of the course, Susan has included the following bonuses:
- The complete PGN with annotations. Analyze every game, study, and position on your computer (or challenge the engine to prove you know the winning method!)
- 35-page eBook covering the principles Susan teaches in the course.
- Challenging puzzles related to the course material (with detailed answers).
- This is a rare opportunity to get a structured course from one of the most successful coaches in the world today.