One of the most difficult challenges for those who play 1.e4 is what to do after 1…e5. White’s mainstream options require deep understanding and good memory, nevertheless, Black gets solid positions in all of them. Learning tons of modern theory becomes not only difficult but also not very effective. Then why should we go for that at all?
There is a more practical approach.
Instead, you can choose solid but rare lines and learn them better than your opponents. To outplay them, you will only need to know the main plans and ideas. This is how Daniil Dubov defeated Hikaru Nakamura in the decisive game of a super tournament this year. After 1.e4 e5, he played the Vienna Game with fianchetto… and got a winning position after just 13 moves! Against such a strategy, even the strongest players can easily go wrong!
What you will learn:
- How to attack Black’s king in the Vienna Game with g3
- How to squeeze the Pirc and the Philidor in Karpov’s style
- Where your pieces belong to in the fianchetto systems
- How to react to all of Black’s reasonable plans
- What to aim for in the arising middlegames
Here is the preview:
Are you interested?
FM Zaur Tekeyev shares this approach with you and shows EVERYTHING you need to know to meet 1…e5 as Dubov did in that game. The Vienna with fianchetto is a good fighting weapon which is extremely easy to play with White and difficult to meet with Black. Sometimes it can transpose into the Pirc or the Philidor Defense, but in his 6-hour course, FM Tekeyev covers them all as well.
His clear explanations with a strong emphasis on the ideas and plans will make you not only confident against these openings, but a better player in general!
Time to get started!
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!