1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nf3 c5 4. d5 b5… That’s one of around 30 ways to reach the Blumenfeld Gambit – a peculiar position where Black is ready to sacrifice a pawn and gain massive central control in return.
With bishop on the b7 square and a semi-open f-file…
Black is eyeing the king on the kingside. And that White’s pawn on b5 – that waits alone for his comrades to back him up – might meet an unfortunate ending soon.
In short, Black is playing for a win. Who cares about draws anymore, right?
With GM Misa Pap’s all-new video training, Blumenfeld Gambit, stretching over three hours, you can execute this fiery pseudo-gambit opening for Black in a flawless way, with a winning plan and killer sequences… while White fumbles around looking for the “best moves”.
Want to know more about Gambits? Look at:
We also recommend reviewing our latest TCW Academy courses:
You also might like 2020 Recap and What to Expect in 2021.
Blumenfeld Gambit – See the video preview:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!