An early n4 move by White and n5 by Black, followed by undermining pawn moves in the adjacent files—and there it is, the true “pride and sorrow” of chess.
Not only can it win you games like a rockstar, it can also lose you games like mere simpletons!
Strong outposts on c5 and e5…
Gaining central control…
Facilitating better development…
Constraining Black’s position…
The Isolani is a force to reckon with in the middlegame. This is where it is most active and this is where it should live and die.
However, some have a longer life span and live until the endgame. And that’s where the force quickly fizzles into a BIG MINUS.
It’s hard to defend without the rest of the minor pieces missing on the board.
The opponent usually ends up grabbing the IQP and takes his extra pawn to promote to a queen (or whatever he wishes).
What is an Isolated Queen’s Pawn?
It’s a double-edged sword that every chess player must learn to yield. That’s where this course comes in.
In this 2.5+ hour course, IM Mat Kolosowski takes you on a ride to understand your Isolated Queen’s Pawn in a different light.
Whether it is to transition into a better endgame, push the pawn to promotion or attack the opponent’s king, Kolosowski will cover all these different aspects of playing with an Isolated Queen’s Pawn and turning it into a killer weapon.
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!