London System is one of the most popular openings nowadays, on both Grandmaster and Club levels.
In this 3-hour crash course, GM Marian Petrov will reveal everything you need to know about playing the London System for White.
Why play the London System?
London is a System, meaning the same setup can be deployed against many different Black counters.
There is no huge amount of theory, and if you don’t want to spend ages memorizing main lines, this is something you’ll definitely appreciate.
London is a solid, yet flexible opening. That means you are not committed to the same structure and can transpose to different setups and keep your opponent uncertain for what to expect.
After 1.d4, Black has 3 typical setups, and in this course, GM Petrov will teach you how to counter each one.
- In the first part of the course we will look at all the possibilities arising after 1…d5
- In the second part, we’ll take a look at countering the …Nf6 and …g6 King’s Indian Setups
- In part three, we’ll look at some of the rare lines in a case when black will try to prevent Bf4
Here is what you’ll learn:
- Playing the “London Bishop” Bf4 right away or developing first?
- What are the strongest plans for White?
- Dominating the Queen’s Gambit Declined lines
- Beating the King’s Indian Defense setups
- When to play [and when not to play] prophylactic move h3?
- The plans with Nd2 and e4
Ready to include one a powerful “low-theory” System in your preparation?
Let’s get started!
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!