Hate theory? Love dynamic play?
If so, GM Marian Petrov has a great opening choice for you.
Play the Reti Opening.
It is a low-theory, solid, and very flexible opening.
Most club players don’t expect you to play the Reti.
That means you are getting an instant advantage after move 1.
They expect Reti to transpose to one of the familiar 1.d4, so they can avoid the unknown territory.
That can’t be further from the truth. You’ll still need to be familiar with typical structures and ideas to play it. It’s not a ‘zero theory opening after all.
Time to get started!
Here is what’s inside:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!