We get tons of questions, all of which come down to this “I know what to do in the opening, I know how to start the game, but then I begin to struggle… unless I have a clear attack I really don’t know what to do in the middlegame”.
In this course, IM Kolosowski will address those concerns and questions. Mat will demonstrate how you can spot your opponent’s weaknesses and use them for your benefit.
You’ll be able to find a plan based on those weaknesses and execute a “move sequence” that will lead you closer to a win.
In this course, IM Mat Kolosowski explains a few very important types of weaknesses that you should focus on.
1. Pawn Weaknesses – One of the easiest and most important type of weaknesses that you must be able to spot and exploit [doubled pawns, isolated pawns, backward pawns]
2. Square Weaknesses – How you can use the weak squares in your opponent’s position? What pieces to use for occupying those weak squares? How to create weaknesses?
3. Attacking the Weak King – This is a different approach from what you may be used to, and it has proven to be very effective at the club level among IM Kolosowski’s private students.
What this course will do for you?
After studying this course, you will become a stronger “strategic” player and your overall chess understanding will improve.
Let’s get started.
What you will learn:
- Exploiting pawn weaknesses
- Attacking the weak king – one simple yet VERY powerful concept
- Removing a ‘weak square defenders’ – Botvinnik’s Method
- Creating weaknesses – attacking both flanks
- Restricting the pieces – Karpov’s formula
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!