Modern Benoni was invented in 1927… and quickly forgotten.
Then, after 20 years of ignorance, this opening was revived by Mikail Tal.
After Tal had huge success by it winning a game-after-game… it made other players think.
Fast forward a few years, and the top attacking maestros like Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov trust Modern Benoni.
1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 c5 3.d5 e6
GM Marian Petrov, a renowned expert for this opening, thinks that it is a gem at the club level.
It can generate a win after a win for you, just like it did for Tal decades ago.
It’s almost not fair…
Even if you have a tournament or an important game in the evening… you still got time to prepare!
Looking for more on Modern Defense? Here are 5 Reasons to Play It.
Modern Benoni – See the video preview:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!