IM Boroljub Zlatanovic is a world-class expert on positional sacrifices and a renowned chess coach. He believes that without a proper understanding of the positional sacrifice it is next to impossible to reach the 2200 level. That's why he recorded this 10-hour training revealing how to make positional sacrifice a powerful weapon at the club level.
There are two types of chess sacrifices.
The first one involves a forced sequence of moves with instant benefits. Winning material, forking the Queen and a Rook, or delivering a checkmate are a few examples.
The second type is rarely seen at club-level games. It is far more common at Grandmasters’ chess.
Positional sacrifice involves deep positional understanding for obtaining a long-term advantage.
IM Boroljub Zlatanovic is a world-class expert on positional sacrifices and a renowned chess coach. He believes that without a proper understanding of the positional sacrifice it is next to impossible to reach the 2200 level.
That’s why he recorded this 10-hour training revealing how to make positional sacrifice a powerful weapon at the club level.
You don’t need Karpov-like positional understanding, the ingenuity of Tigran Petrosian or photographic memory, and the IQ of Magnus Carlsen.
With this course you’ll be able to add positional sacrifice into your chess toolbox, improving your all-around game in the process and winning a lot of games in style!
Here’s what you are going to learn:
- Devastating Exchange Sacrifice – IM Zlatanovic shows how Karpov sacrificed an exchange to set up a powerful blockade, completely disabling his opponent’s rooks and disorganizing pieces.
- Queen Sac Method – Kasparov sacrificed his Queen for 2 minor pieces + 2 pawns against Kramnik and completely dominated the game with 4 minor pieces! IM Zlatanovic explains when and how you can copy & paste Kasparov’s idea.
- Unleashing the Bishop Pair – Ulf Andersson gives a clear and precise masterclass for activating the monster bishop pair, by sacrificing an exchange (this is a must-know theme for any ambitious player).
- Pawn Dynamite – Capablanca shows how a “little” pawn sacrifice would make his opponent’s position collapse… like a set of dominos!
- Dark-Squares Magic – 2500-rated GM from India shocked the World by sacrificing the Queen on move 9 (!!) against the World’s #2 Alireza Firouzja and beat him in style by exploiting the dark square weaknesses!
And these are just 5 practical examples of how positional sacrifice will help you win more games!
IM Zlatanovic gives you a complete breakdown of positional play with positional sacrifice and coaches you on getting the advantage in imbalanced positions.
Your rivals will have no idea what’s happening on the board until it’s simply too late. This will result in many unexpected victories against even much stronger opponents.
Chapter 1. Topalov’s Positional Sacrifice
Chapter 2. Paralyzing Opponent
Chapter 3. Dominating on the Light Squares
Chapter 4. Bishop Invasion
Chapter 5. Good Bishop
Chapter 6. Exchange Sacrifice to Simplify and Win
Chapter 7. Liberating Pawn Flank
Chapter 8. Dark Squares Play
Chapter 9. Multiple Sacrifices to Win the Ending
Chapter 10. Stopping Opponent’s Development
Chapter 11. Activating Bishop
Chapter 12. Launching a Winning Attack
Chapter 13. Creating an Outpost for the Knight
Chapter 14. Blockade
Chapter 15. Blockade and Attack
Chapter 16. Bishop Pair
Chapter 17. Central Pawns Flank
Chapter 18. Destroying Opponent’s Defense
Chapter 19. Central Pawns Structure
Chapter 20. Clearing Diagonals and Launching an Attack
About the Author:
IM Boroljub Zlatanovic [2438 FIDE]
Boroljub Zlatanovic is an International Master and a professional chess coach from Serbia. Boroljub has been coaching chess for over 15 years and his students showed outstanding results in the Youth and Junior Championships. Whether you want to improve your endgame (basic, typical, complex), middlegame (global strategy, tactics, and typical positions) or to expand and deepen the opening repertoire, you are at the right place!