In this 15-hour, “university level” bundle IM Ostrovskiy starts out with the fundamentals of Minor Piece Endgames. He then proceeds to arm you with all the necessary tools and weapons to play these endgames like a Master.
Minor Piece Endgame Mastery I and II
Minor piece endgames are some of the most complex and important endings in chess. It comes down to the fundamental understanding of the “knight” and “bishop”, its strengths and limitations.
Nothing shows a high class of a chess player as his ability to play the minor piece endings. Even Grandmasters have trouble playing some of these endgames correctly.
When it comes to the club level, the situation becomes even worse.
Many players don’t have a clear understanding of how to use the knights and bishops in the endgame. They often misplace their pieces, pick an incorrect plan or simply set themselves up for failure…
I’m sure you don’t want to lose a drawn position or miss out on a well-deserved win simply because you don’t know how to play out an endgame… You don’t want to blow your chances of getting the trophy, title or scoring an important victory just because you took a shortcut.
And that’s exactly what this course provides.
In this “university level” course IM Ostrovskiy starts out with the fundamentals of Minor Piece Endgames. He then proceeds to arm you with all the necessary tools and weapons to play these endgames like a Master.
Unlike many other endgame books and courses, IM Ostrovskiy really takes time to explain each of the ideas in plain English, instead of giving zillions of different lines and variations.
Andrey examines typical mistakes that both sides can make and gives you a clear and intuitive blueprint to follow.
Ultimately, IM Ostrovskiy gives you the SYSTEM that will help you at playing the minor piece endgames and once you’ll get the hang of you’ll be playing on “an autopilot”!
What this course will do for you:
- Your endgame understanding will improve and you will convert and save many endgames you never thought possible.
- That will lead to a big confidence boost and a rating increase.
- You won’t be afraid to go into an endgame, knowing that it’s your territory and you have the highest odds of success.
In part 2 of the course. IM Ostrovskiy deep dives into 3 very important types of positions:
- Same-Colored Bishop Endgames
- Bishop vs. Knight Endgames
- Bishop Pair Endgames+
Another important thing to keep in mind…
What this course gives you?
You will gain confidence and build a skill to play those endgames which will revolutionize your endgame understanding and lead to new heights.
Instead of fearing to face an unfamiliar territory you will always have a clear-cut plan that you can perfectly execute even under time pressure. All the guess-work is eliminated.
While your opponents are struggling to find what moves to play next in one of those endgames, you’ll have all the right answers. This is the quickest shortcut to minor piece endgame mastery EVER revealed!
Minor Piece Endgame Mastery with GM Ostrovskiy – video course [8 hours]
In this 15-lesson course, we are going to take your Minor Piece Endings to the next level. You will learn the execution plans, ideas, and strategies that Grandmasters use to convert these positions into victories.
Minor Piece Endgame Mastery II with IM Ostrovskiy – video course [6.5 hours]
In this 11-lessons, university-level course we are going to take your endgame understanding to the whole new level. This course specifically targets the minor piece endgames which are crucially important for any practical player. We focus on execution plans, ideas, and strategies to convert endings into clear wins.
Summary of the course [PDF]
Summary of the key points covered in the course for quick reference and reviewing. Use it as a quick refresher after studying the course or print it and pin it on the wall.
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important endgame skills and motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
- CHAPTER 1 Understanding the knight
- CHAPTER 2 Important positions
- CHAPTER 3 Important positions II
- CHAPTER 4 Practical ideas: Zugzwangs
- CHAPTER 5 Practical ideas: Breakthrough
- CHAPTER 6 Practical ideas: Knight Sacrifice
- CHAPTER 7 Strategy: Coordination
- CHAPTER 8 Strategy: Time & Space
- CHAPTER 9 Strategy: Activity & Weaknesses
- CHAPTER 10 Strategy: Outside passed pawn
- CHAPTER 11 How to convert the extra pawn?
- CHAPTER 12 Understanding the bishop
- CHAPTER 13 Important positions
- CHAPTER 14 Practical ideas to make a draw
- CHAPTER 15 Practical ideas to win the game
- CHAPTER 1 Same-Coloured Bishop Endings
- CHAPTER 2 Strategy: bad bishop & weaknesses
- CHAPTER 3 Strategy: passed pawns & active king
- CHAPTER 4 How to convert the extra pawn
- CHAPTER 5 Bishop vs Knight Endings
- CHAPTER 6 Important positions
- CHAPTER 7 Zugzwangs & fortresses
- CHAPTER 8 When the knight is better
- CHAPTER 9 When the bishop is better
- CHAPTER 10 Two bishops vs bishop & knight
- CHAPTER 11 Two bishops vs two knights
What you will learn?
- A single most important principle for dominating Knight Endgames
- A very simple knight sacrifice idea that will save you TONs of lost endgames
- How to use zugzwang to win otherwise drawn endgames [a very powerful tool]
- The “mind maps” you can use to construct winning Endings
- What should you focus on to excel in the endgame? [it’s much easier than you think, but you got to know this!]
- The two most important elements in the minor piece endings: TIME and SPACE
- A secret to correctly evaluate minor piece endgames the way strong Grandmasters do
- The most important idea for WINNING opposite-colored bishop endings
About the Author:
IM Andrey Ostrovskiy (FIDE 2456)
is a professional chess player and coach currently residing in Germany. Andrey got second in Ukrainian Youth Championship and represented his country in the European Championship. He has won many National and International events and achieved his first Grandmaster norm in 2015.