If you want to learn how it’s done GM Marian Petrov is here decoding the main elements of Iron Tigran’s play for you. Time to get started!
Do you want to get consistent results and watch your rating grow year after year?
Forget about risky combinations or double-edged play…
What if you could win most of your games without putting your hard-earned Elo points on the line?
What if there was a way to minimize your opponent’s chances while maximizing your own?
If you are looking for a way to finally step into the next Elo bracket, that you wanted so much… there is a way.
And no one is better at teaching you THIS, than Tigran Petrosian, possibly the top positional mind in history.
His strategy was simple.
Tigran loved playing against aggressive opponents.
He played solid and consistent chess, waiting for the opponents to make a mistake.
Then he capitalized and won in style. It worked well and earned 2 World Championship and 4 National Titles.
If you want to learn how it’s done GM Marian Petrov is here decoding the main elements of Iron Tigran’s play for you.
Time to get started!
What you will learn:
- How to win a tempo in an equal position?
- Taking control of the diagonal in the minor-piece endgame
- Displacing the strong pieces of your opponent
- How to play “quiet moves” that change the flow of the game?
- Activating your passive pieces and inserting a sneaky “in-between move”
- Imposing the middlegame zugzwang to paralyze your opponent’s pieces and deny active play
- Dominating in equal positions
About The Author:
GM Marian Petrov [FIDE 2537]
is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as the winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.