In this 3 hour course, GM Marian Petrov covers 3 very important, and often under-rated aspects of chess strategy and tactics. Marian hits all 3 phases of the game and transitions from the Attack in the Opening to Positional Chess and finally to Endgame Fundamentals.
In this 3 hour course, GM Marian Petrov covers 3 very important, and often under-rated aspects of chess:
- Attacking in the Opening [Players focus on specific lines, here GM Petrov demonstrates ideas and principles leading to a powerful attack regardless of what opening you play]
- Positional Game
- Fundamental Endgames [GM Petrov hand-picked over a dozen practical endings that EVERY competitive player should be able to convert even with seconds on the clock]
Marian hits all 3 phases of the game and transitions from the Attack in the Opening to Positional Chess and finally to Endgame Fundamentals.
Those plays and ideas are especially useful for those 1200-1700 rated, but even if you are slightly lower/higher-rated – you will benefit from these as well!
What you will learn:
- Attacking Ideas in the Opening Play
- Playing “non-standard” moves
- Forcing wins in unclear positions
- Using tactical motives to supplement your strategic ideas
- The number 1 rule when it comes to attacking the king in the middle of the board
- Fundamentals of positional play
- Controlling the important squares
GM Marian Petrov (FIDE 2537)
Is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.