FM Viktor Neustorev is here with a blueprint for playing the 3 very important themes when it comes to imbalances: You are up in material, You are down in material, and Material is equal.
Most club players think that ‘imbalances’ is an advanced concept that only Grandmasters understand.
It can’t be further from the truth.
Imbalance simply means that the material on the board isn’t equal.
Positions like Two Rook vs. Queen, Two Minor Pieces vs. Rook, or Three Minor Pieces vs. Queen are all considered imbalanced positions.
Those are very common and if you are looking to raise your rating above 1400, you’ll need to understand how to play it.
FM Viktor Neustorev is here with a blueprint for playing the 3 very important themes when it comes to imbalances:
- You are up in material
- You are down in material
- Material is equal
Just master those 3, are you’ll be on your way to the next rating bracket in no time!
What you will learn:
- How to play when you’re up in material? – Former World Champion Anatoly Karpov is the best player to learn when it comes to winning games when you’re up in material. FM Neustorev analyzes his games and gives a step-by-step guide for how to play in such positions.
- How to play when you’re down in material? – Garry Kasparov was a true master when it came to saving and even winning positions being down in material. His plan is simple. Activate pieces, gain the initiative and win the game. FM Neustorev shares practical insight into how to do it on your own games.
- How to play when the material is equal? – This is probably the most important part of the course. You’ll learn how to play approximately equal imbalanced positions to maximize your chances for a win.
- Mastering the Positional Sacrifice – FM Neustroev reveals the 3 important conditions for when it is possible to play a sound positional sacrifice. This is an advanced concept and if you learn this you’ll improve your overall positional understanding.
- Mastering the Queen Sacrifice – One of the rare, yet very powerful tools to have in an ambitious player’s toolbox. If you desire to become a truly powerful attacking player, this part is definitely for you.
Chapter 1. Material Advantage Realization 1
Chapter 2. Material Advantage Realization 2
Chapter 3. Playing without Material 1
Chapter 4. Playing without Material 2
Chapter 5. Equivalent Material 1
Chapter 6. Equivalent Material 2
Chapter 7. Positional Sacrifice 1
Chapter 8. Positional Sacrifice 2
Chapter 9. Queen Sacrifice 1
Chapter 10. Queen Sacrifice 2
About The Author:
FM Viktor Neustroev [2305 FIDE]
is a chess player and coach who won multiple regional competitions and received various awards. He has coached for many years and has had highly successful students. FM Neustroev sees his mission in teaching chess and making his students overall much better players.