A good defense is something that wins games, tournaments, and even World Championship Matches. Despite that fact, however, if you ask most chess players their responses are typically less enthusiastic…
“Defense is boring” is something we hear all too often.
Say what you will about defense, but the fact is…
There is nothing boring about quickly adding a couple of hundred rating points without having to play any harder! Typical club players may think that playing defense is boring while stronger players know better.
Strong players know that, when played properly, there is a no faster, easier or more efficient way to achieve consistent RESULTS in your games!
But how do you do it the right way?
- How do you spot the moment when you need to start defending?
- How do you use all your resources including the ones most players don’t know even existed?
- What type of defense should you use to maximize your chances? (Hint: you will learn the common themes and patterns to give you a clue.)
- How do you avoid the “illusion of activity”? (This is a very deadly trap many defenders step into.)
- What is a fortress and how do you construct one to maximize your fighting chance?
- How do you effectively sacrifice material to get promising passers and recognize stalemate ideas?
- How do you surprise and annoy your opponent with unexpected complications?
- When do you know it is time to give up material for activity? (A general rule of a thumb.)
- What is the prophylaxis theory and why is it better to invest time into it than to defend?
These are just some of the questions that every chess player must be able to answer.
Working on these critical steps will make sure you don’t give up any of your “lost” positions without putting up a real fight and make it extremely difficult for your opponent to convert their advantage.
But how do you do it?
Fortunately, that’s exactly what you’re about to learn…
Defense Mastery with IM Mat Kolosowski gives you a clear execution plan for saving a lost position and sometimes even turning it into a win. It took IM Kolosowski a decade to develop and polish this system. All the defensive strategies, execution plans, and winning ideas are TESTED and PROVEN to be effective against the competition of any level by IM Kolosowski and his numerous students, coaches, and peers.
Although it is not possible to save every lost position, by using Mat’s blueprint you will maximize your fighting chance as well as boost your winning percentage. This will save you from disappointment, additional stress, and chess nightmares. Of course, it will also help you gain plenty of rating points due to your much more consistent results!
What this course will do for you:
- Increase your chances and confidence in saving lost positions and converting some of them into clear wins
- Help you achieve much more stable, consistent results, increase your performance, and gain rating points by saving and winning some of your previously lost positions
- Provide the exact tools and techniques professional chess players use when defending—and the peace of mind and mental control that comes with it
- Make it much more difficult for your opponent to convert their advantage into a win
- Save yourself from additional stress, chess nightmares and any regrets about your defensive play
If you ever wanted to learn how to play a world-class defense and start saving and winning your LOST positions subconsciously on an AUTOPILOT here is your real chance!
Are you ready to take you Defensive Skills to the Master territory and beyond? Let’s get started!
Defense Mastery with IM Mat Kolosowski [8-hour course]
In this 16-lesson, 8-hour course IM Mat Kolosowki provides you with the full arsenal of all the necessary tools and ideas to make sure you can defend your positions against much tougher opponents! By applying Mat’s execution plan and his thinking models you’ll be able to save and even win many of your “lost” games!
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important move sequences with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Applying the Theory [38-minutes]
Watch IM Kolosowski outplaying his competition with the Defensive ideas, principles, and plans demonstrated in the course. This extra video will help you see how everything works together!
Brief Summary of the Course [PDF]
The downloadable summary of the key points covered in the course for quick reference and review. Use it as a quick refresher after studying the course or print it and pin it on the wall.
Extra Training Tasks [PDF]
Advanced training tasks are taken directly from the video course’s games. Learn from the ideas and strategies of the strongest players. After solving those problems you will get one step closer to defense mastery!
- INTRO Introduction to the course
- CHAPTER 1 Prophylaxis I
- CHAPTER 2 Prophylaxis II
- CHAPTER 3 Theoretical Endgames I
- CHAPTER 4 Theoretical Endgames II
- CHAPTER 5 Theoretical Endgames III
- CHAPTER 6 Active defense in Endgames
- CHAPTER 7 Active defense – Simplify
- CHAPTER 8 Active defense – Desperado
- CHAPTER 9 Active defense – Patience is the Key
- CHAPTER 10 Defend Patiently
- CHAPTER 11 Illusion of Activity
- CHAPTER 12 Passive vs Active I
- CHAPTER 13 Passive vs Active II
- CHAPTER 14 The Fortress
- CHAPTER 15 Creative Defense I
- CHAPTER 16 Creative Defense II
About the Author:
IM Mat Kolosowski (FIDE 2451)
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalists. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship. During the course of his chess career Mat won many international tournaments. Apart from being a player, he is also a chess coach who has experience in working with students from more than 20 countries. So far he helped a few of them in obtaining their own international titles. Mat has also performed live commentary of Polish and European Rapid and Blitz Championships.