Reti – The System for White with IM Valeri Lilov
Club players put a lot of time and effort into opening preparation. They learn many different systems, lines, and variations. However, they rarely encounter the lines learned from the book.
Why does that happen?
Most often, because their opponents deviate early on and the familiar types of positions cannot be reached.
How great would it be to learn a single opening system and apply it in most of your games with great results? Instead of learning 5-6 different openings and spending truckload of time preparing lines that’ll most likely never appear in your games… you could spend a fraction of time working on positions that you’ll actually play!
Wouldn’t it make sense to learn the system leading to a similar type of position every time?
Wouldn’t you want to only play the positions you know well, feel totally in control and comfortable with? It’s like having a home field advantage – every single time.
In fact, it’s way more than that… since you’ll also have the ideas, plans, and maneuvers specific to just that type of position… That is probably not the case for your opponent.
The secret to Opening Mastery is not learning many different sorts of openings… like most club players think. It is learning a few but in greater depth, than your opponent!
The Secret is…
The secret to Opening Mastery is not learning many different sorts of openings… like most club players think. It is learning FEW but in greater depth, than your opponent!
In this 6-hour course, IM Lilov gives you the quickest shortcut to mastering the Reti System making sure you get the initiative early on and punish your opponent for each and every inaccuracy.
Reti is a great choice for club players because you learn setups, move sequences and opening complexes rather than individual lines and variations like you’d normally do! Your knowledge is based on the understanding of opening themes rather than move memorization.
It is a very dynamic, flexible system giving white high chances in fighting for a serious advantage. It has been tested on all levels from armatures to elite Grandmasters and proven to be very solid and reliable.
This course provides you with everything you need to master The Reti System, taking most of the anxiety and stress of your games. If you want to learn a clear path to opening an advantage for white, this course is for you!
What You’ll Learn:
- Few very specific steps that you should always keep in mind playing the Reti
- What to keep in mind when planning your game and how to stay out of trouble in this opening?
- How to find perfect positions for your pieces and what are the typical maneuvers for getting there?
- The two very powerful ideas to follow in double-fianchetto setups [a secret weapon #1]
- Transposing straight to the endgame [a secret weapon #2]
- The power of Capablanca System: when and how to use it
- Levon Aronian’s powerful idea for solidifying the position [will win you many games]
- What do you need to know about the symmetrical variation, and why it is good for white?
- INTRO Introduction
- CHAPTER 1 Closed Reti
- CHAPTER 2 Opened Reti and Typical Positions
- CHAPTER 3 Reti Slav – New York
- CHAPTER 4 Capablanca System and d4 lines
- CHAPTER 5 Reti Exchanged and Slav
- CHAPTER 6 fxc4 and Semi-Opened Reti
- CHAPTER 7 Miscellaneous lines
- PGNS Access to PGNs with extra line and extra analysis
- PRACTICUM Access to specials tasks and problems
IM Valeri Lilov (FIDE 2438)
better known as Tiger Lilov is a professional chess coach and lecturer renowned for his personalized approach to training students and professional players from all over the world. Having been an active tournament player all his life, he has won many international open tournaments and championships including the European Individual School Chess Championship U10 (Moscow, 2000) and the Kulaga Memorial International Open (Minsk, 2007).