Sicilian Kan Secret Weapon for Black
How to Create a Powerful Opening Repertoire against 1.e4 and Dominate on Club Level and Beyond…
Good opening preparation makes up to 60% of your overall success, according to statistics. If you don’t know your openings, you won’t get a playable position and your chances will plummet.
On the other hand, if you get a good position, your game will just flow…
Why do some players effortlessly obtain a great position out of the opening, while most others struggle every step of the way?
Those players seem to make the RIGHT MOVE at the RIGHT TIME, instinctively without needing to think about it. They know what each piece is doing, and exactly where and when to attack. They see possibilities no one else can and exploit them to score easy wins.
The craziest thing of all?
They seem to do it without even trying. They just play – and dominate. Every single game.
The secret is…
The successful players KNOW the openings they play. Not just the move orders. Not just the basics. But the plans, maneuvers, ideas, tactical patterns, key squares, and everything else in between. These players understand those positions much better than their opponents.
And we give you just that!
After studying this course, the Kan Sicilian will become second nature to you. It will provide you with the home-field advantage against your competition. You’ll only play familiar lines and well-explored positions. You’ll know exactly what pawn structures will occur, where your pieces will go, what pieces to exchange, and most importantly where and when to launch your game-winning attack!
Instead of analyzing everything over-the-board, as your opponents will do, you’ll use your home preparation to get a serious edge both on the clock and on the board!
Who is this course for?
The course is designed with 1500-2200 rated players in mind. The “ideal student” is a club level player who wants to add a powerful, yet “low-theory” weapon against 1.e4 in his repertoire, sufficient for outplaying 2300 rated players.
The course covers all the most popular responses by white including the Modern Variation, Knight Variation, and the Maroczy Bind. It gives you a detailed explanation of the plans and ideas behind the opening for different types of typical positions.
After studying this course, you will…
- Be able to equalize against stronger opponents and get a better position against opponents of your own level
- Know what plans to apply in what positions, to maximize your chances for a win
- Learn how your pieces interact with each other in typical positions, creating tactical opportunities that you’ll be familiar with
- Become a flexible opening player, and be able to switch between various powerful plans to keep your competition on their toes
- Learn the typical plans for White to look out for and how to effectively neutralize the danger
Kan Sicilian is included in repertoires of many top players including Anatoly Karpov, Vladimir Kramnik, Magnus Carlsen, and recently Fabiano Caruana. It’ll be a great addition to your repertoire as well!
Sicilian Kan – Secret Weapon for Black with NM Neustroev – video course [10 hours]
In this 22-lessons, 10-hour course, NM Neustroev gives you a powerful yet low-theory opening repertoire against 1.e4 based on Kan Variation of Sicilian Defense. It gives you a detailed explanation of the plans and ideas behind the opening for different types of typical positions, sufficient to get an edge against most under 2300 players.
Access to Practicum
Train the important tactical skills and motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Complete set of PGNs + Novelties
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of all the games and opening theory covered in the course. Each lecture comes with a separate PGN file for your convenience and ease of navigation. Powerful novelties included, to surprise those titled players.
Extra Training Tasks – Quiz [PDF]
Advanced training tasks are included to make sure you grasp the most important ideas of the Kan Variation, able to find the best moves and right continuations in actual games.
Applying the Theory [1 Hour 50 Min]
Watch NM Viktor Neustroev playing live and applying principles and ideas covered in the course. NM Neustroev annotates the games on-the-fly, sharing his ideas and secrets of success. Almost 2 hours of extra materials. A must-have for any serious chess player.
- INTRO Introduction to the course
- LECTURE 1 About the Opening
- LECTURE 2 Kan, Paulsen and Taimanov
- LECTURE 3 What will you learn?
- LECTURE 4 Bd3 Lines
- LECTURE 5 Bd3 Lines (part 2)
- LECTURE 6 Modern Variation [Berg – Topalov]
- LECTURE 7 Bd3 Examples [Schaefer – Nisipeanu]
- LECTURE 8 Bd3 Examples [Van Delft – Epishin]
- LECTURE 9 Bd3 Examples [Bruzon Batista – Andreikin]
- LECTURE 10 Be2 Lines – Theory
- LECTURE 11 Kan Variation [Rublevsky – Bruzon Batista]
- LECTURE 12 Be2 Lines [Socko – Almasi]
- LECTURE 13 Be2 Lines [Grinberg – Babula]
- LECTURE 14 Kan Variation – The Knight Variation
- LECTURE 15 Knight Variation Idea I [Zawadzka – Caruana]
- LECTURE 16 Knight Variation Idea II [Kadric – Caruana]
- LECTURE 17 Knight Variation Idea III [Sprenger – Van Wely]
- LECTURE 18 Maroczy vs. Kan – The lines
- LECTURE 19 Maroczy Bind I [Shirmer – Meier]
- LECTURE 20 Maroczy Bind II [Dominguez – Ivanchuk]
- LECTURE 21 Maroczy Bind III [Kramnik – Svidler]
- LECTURE 22 Summary of the course
- BLITZ Application of ideas – Blitz Session with NM Viktor Neustroev
About the Author:
NM Viktor Neustroev (FIDE 2211)
is a chess player and coach who won multiple regional competitions and received various awards. He has coached for many years and has had highly successful students. Viktor sees his mission in teaching chess and making his students overall much better players.