“…one of the most complicated and difficult to know and understand.” – Valeri Lilov
The Benoni Defense is dynamic and dangerous…against White’s 1.d4 opening. It can be the center of your opening repertoire that can rattle White’s not-so-well-thought plans in mere few moves!
Unbalanced pawn structure, imbalances on both sides of the board, and you are up for an unrelenting fight.
Perfect for short-time controls… and regardless of whatever position White plays for, Black imminently ends up better.
Yet it’s not a piece of cake.
The Benoni is inherently tricky to play for Black, with lots of sidelines and traps that White has at his disposal. (More than you can actually imagine)
If you are prepared, you can match blow-for-blow White’s every move and even confuse him for good at times. If you are not, let’s prepare the coffin for your king now.
What you will learn:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!