GM Bryan Smith Reveals…
How to Set Up Your Army to Take Down Any Defensive Setup and End the Game Early with Spectacular Mating Attacks
Ever had a game where you get a great position, all your pieces are primed for attack and yet… NOTHING?
The sacrifices don’t lead to anything. Any move just takes your pieces further away from the action.
You end up retreating, trading pieces and the attack dies out. Advantage gone, draw agreed.
A game that should have ended in glory results in lost rating points and a huge waste of time and effort.
This is a major problem for club players…
…a problem Bryan Smith fixes with his new 10-hour Attacking the King Mastermind.
This is a collection of 32 deeply analyzed and expertly explained attacks on the king, each one taken from a real GM game.
As Bryan reveals, most club player attacks fail because of a “one size fits all” mentality. Players use the same attack formations – like the knight on g5, bishop pointing at h7 – over and over.
Chess isn’t that easy!
Thankfully, this Mastermind shows you the 3 things that do deliver spectacular checkmates time and again:
- The exact attack patterns that paralyze the enemy king, tighten the noose then end the game-specific patterns for every situation you’re likely to encounter.
- Approach play. No-one’s going to give you 10 free moves to set up your dream formation. Bryan gives you proven strategies for sneaking your pieces into position.
- Superior skills. Bryan trains your calculation and lateral thinking skills using deviously tricky studies and real-game positions.
- Flexibility. Keep rearranging your pieces to create new threats, move after move. Calculation shortcuts. Bryan’s tips on how to calculate will save you a ton of time, energy and confusion by making your process super-efficient. No going over the same lines repeatedly or wasting time on inferior moves.
Take this course, upgrade your skills and pattern database and you’ll be finding stunning moves on a regular basis!
- INTRO Introduction to the Course
- CHAPTER 1 Attacks on the king in the center I
- CHAPTER 2 Attacks on the king in the center II
- CHAPTER 3 Attacks on the kingside castled king I
- CHAPTER 4 Attacks on the kingside castled king II
- CHAPTER 5 Attacks on the kingside castled King III
- CHAPTER 6 Attacks on the queenside castled king
- CHAPTER 7 Attack and Counterattack
- CHAPTER 8 Failed King Hunts
- CHAPTER 9 Minor Piece Endgames
- CHAPTER 9 Combinations
Attacking the King with GM Smith – video course [9 hours 15 minutes]
In this 10-hour Masterclass, GM Bryan Smith presents 32 deeply analyzed and expertly explained attacks on the king, each one taken from a real GM game. And you only have to learn these techniques and ideas once – they never change!
Downloadable, complete set of PGN files covering all GM games so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
The practical exercises are taken directly from the Endgame Mastermind to make sure you understand and able to convert the most important endings. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Endgame Studies [23-minutes]
Access to an annotated collection of 6 world-class Endgame Studies that you can explore on your own. This is a great training tool for all ambitious players for exploring chess ideas in its pure form. These studies have a precise solution to complement the main theme of the video course.
Application of Ideas [31-minute video]
Watch GM Bryan Smith playing live and applying principles covered in the Endgame Mastermind. GM Smith annotates the games on-the-fly, sharing his ideas and secrets of success. A must-have for any serious chess player.
GM Bryan Smith (FIDE 2503)
is an American Grandmaster and chess coach. GM Smith has won many international tournaments including Limpedea Cup (Romania), Citta di Erba (Italy), Easter International (Serbia), Philadelphia International, National Chess Congress, US Masters, etc.