How to Develop the GM Level Endgame Technique and Unleash Your True Potential!
They say there are no shortcuts in chess… but that’s not quite true. There is 1 thing you can do that will get you faster rating gains than anything else.
You see, most players suck at the endgame.
They draw where they should win and lose where they should draw.
In fact, more rating points are dropped in the final phase than at any other point in the game. And this represents a massive opportunity for the switched-on player.
Master the art of endgame play and you will be vacuuming up all those rating points, getting wins even from inferior positions.
Ready to make it happen in your next game?
In this 12-hour Mastermind with GM Smith, you’re going to learn how to play all the theoretical endings perfectly. These are the positions where there is a definite winning (or drawing) technique – and they form the basis of all other positions too.
Some of the techniques you will learn:
- Elite King positioning – all endings can trade down to King and pawn positions, making these the most important to be able to handle. Don’t be one of those players who blindly push their King forward. Master positioning with techniques like triangulation, shouldering, the opposition, and corresponding squares
- Retrospective thinking – one of the main reasons players come unstuck in the endgame is because there are so many empty squares. So many possible moves that look equal. Bryan explains how to work back from the final position to find that one winning move
- Rook vs. Runaway Pawn – When your King is far away from the action – maybe after capturing a distant pawn – how can you win against King and pawn? If you put your rook behind the pawn, the enemy King can just support it all the way to promotion. Master these techniques in chapter 16
- Fortress demolition – Players have gone mad trying to win positions like this! Black’s knight hops around, keeping the King safe and pawns intact. Learn the demolition method that sees White sac the rook to force an incredible zugzwang!
- Bishop breakthroughs – Opposite-colored bishops = draw? Not necessarily! Bryan reveals the sneaky ways you can play for a win (especially effective when your opponent relaxes, thinking the draw is in the bag)
This is a complete training program covering everything from pawn to queen endings. And you only have to learn these techniques once – they never change!
If you are ready to leave the old you behind and transform your game – LET’S GET STARTED!
Endgame Mastermind with GM Smith – video course [12 hours]
In this 12-hour Masterclass, GM Bryan Smith thoroughly explains 159 most important chess endings that are responsible for nearly every endgame win or loss. And you only have to learn these techniques once – they never change!
Complete ChessBase Database
Downloadable, complete set of ChessBase files covering all 159 endgame positions so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
The practical exercises are taken directly from the Endgame Mastermind to make sure you understand and able to convert the most important endings. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Access to an annotated collection of 9 world-class Endgame Studies that you can explore on your own. This is a great training tool for all ambitious players for exploring chess ideas in its pure form. These studies have a precise solution to complement the main theme of the video course.
Application of Ideas [35-minute video]
Watch GM Bryan Smith playing live and applying principles covered in the Endgame Mastermind. GM Smith annotates the games on-the-fly, sharing his ideas and secrets of success. A must-have for any serious chess player.
- INTRO Introduction to the Course
- CHAPTER 1 Chapter 1 Pawn Endgames I
- CHAPTER 2 Chapter 2 Pawn Endgames II
- CHAPTER 3 Pawn Endgames III
- CHAPTER 4 Pawn Endgames VI
- CHAPTER 5 Minor Piece vs Pawns Endgames
- CHAPTER 6 Minor Piece and Pawn vs King Endgames
- CHAPTER 7 Bishop and Pawns vs Pawns Endgames
- CHAPTER 8 Bishop and Pawn vs Bishop Endgames
- CHAPTER 9 Bishop Endings
- CHAPTER 10 Opposite Bishops Endgames
- CHAPTER 11 Knight and Pawns vs Pawns Endgames
- CHAPTER 12 Knight and Pawn vs Knight Endgames
- CHAPTER 13 Knight Endings
- CHAPTER 14 Minor Pieces and Pawn Endgames
- CHAPTER 15 Minor Piece Endgames
- CHAPTER 16 Rook vs Pawns Endgames
- CHAPTER 17 Rook and Pawn vs Rook Endgames
- CHAPTER 18 Rook and Pawns Endgames
- CHAPTER 19 Rook vs Bishop Endgames
- CHAPTER 20 Rook vs Knight Endgames
- CHAPTER 21 Queen Endings
About the Author:
GM Bryan Smith (FIDE 2503)
is an American Grandmaster and chess coach. GM Smith has won many international tournaments including Limpedea Cup (Romania), Citta di Erba (Italy), Easter International (Serbia), Philadelphia International, National Chess Congress, US Masters, etc.