Positional Chess Mastermind
How to Develop a Grandmaster Level Positional Understanding and Unleash Your True Potential…
High-level positional understanding is something reserved for the chess elite. It instantly improves your pieces. It gives you a game-winning plan. It neutralizes your opponent’s threats. And most importantly, it wins the game – nearly on an autopilot!
It is the most sought-after skill-set at chess!
Picture yourself playing a decisive game. Wouldn’t it feel great coming up with a brilliant plan and then winning the game with near-perfect execution?
It sure does!
Ready to make it happen in your next game?
Our experience shows that the quickest and by far the easiest way is “systematic training”. That is learning theme-specific motifs and schemes before applying it in your games.
In this MasterMind course, GM Bryan Smith reveals the 21 most important positional elements that are responsible for nearly every win or loss over-the-board!
Once you master those, you will never see chess the same way again!
Here is what it will do for you:
- Crystal Clear Positional Vision – see the plans, move sequences, defensive maneuvers and attacking patterns in your mind before they happen
- Supercharged Decision Making – read the position like a seasoned GM and easily come up with a game-winning plans and ideas
- Effortless Moves – finally experience what “effortlessly making strong moves” really feels like, saving time on the clock and reserving your brain-power
- Lock-down Your Opponent’s Defense – always be one step ahead of your opponents, predicting every move they make
- Gain Limitless Winning Ability – once you master all 21 positional elements and start applying it in your games!
Bryan will explain the easiest way to “install” each concept into your mind, so they become automatic during games.
If you are ready to leave the old you behind and transform your game – LET’S GET STARTED!
Positional Chess Mastermind with GM Smith – video course [10 hours]
In this 10-hour, 21-chapter course GM Bryan Smith reveals the 21 most important positional elements that are responsible for nearly every win or loss over-the-board! Once you master those, you will never see chess the same way again!
Complete set of PGNs and ChessBase Files
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs/ChessBase files of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have a treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important chess motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Studies Marathon [45-minute video]
GM Bryan Smith goes over the collection of 6 full-length studies [aka ‘etudes’] and reveals his methods of working on them. This is a great training tool for all ambitious players for exploring chess ideas in its pure form. These studies have a positional solution to complement the main theme of the video course.
Application of Ideas [35-minute video]
Watch GM Bryan Smith playing live and applying every single principle covered in the Positional Chess Mastermind. GM Smith annotates the games on-the-fly, sharing his ideas and secrets of success. A must-have for any serious chess player.
- Part 1: Structure
- INTRO Introduction to the Course
- CHAPTER 1 Doubled Pawns
- CHAPTER 2 Isolated Pawns
- CHAPTER 3 Backward Pawns
- CHAPTER 4 Weak Complexes of Pawns
- CHAPTER 5 Weak Color Complex
- CHAPTER 6 Pawn Majorities
- CHAPTER 7 Passed Pawns
- Part 2: Lines
- CHAPTER 8 Control of Open Files
- CHAPTER 9 Outposts on Open Files
- CHAPTER 10 Pressure via Half-Open Files
- CHAPTER 11 Valuable Diagonals
- CHAPTER 12 Ranks I & II
- Part 3: Relative Piece Values and Piece Placement
- CHAPTER 13 Knight vs Bishop Imbalance
- CHAPTER 14 Two Bishops
- CHAPTER 15 Poor Position of One Piece
- CHAPTER 16 Eternal Knight
- CHAPTER 17 Coordination of Pieces
- CHAPTER 18 Weak King Position
- Part 4: Space and the Center
- CHAPTER 19 Structural Space Advantage I & II
- CHAPTER 20 Pawn Center
- CHAPTER 21 Centralization
- CONCLUSION Last Chapter
- Part 5: Positional Etudes
- STUDY 1 Chekhover I
- STUDY 2 Chekhover II
- STUDY 3 Troitsky
- STUDY 4 Zakhodyakin
- STUDY 5 Nadareishvili
- STUDY 6 Bron
- Part 5: Practical Application of Ideas
- Blitz Session with GM Bryan Smith
About the Author:
GM Bryan Smith (FIDE 2503)
is an American Grandmaster and chess coach. GM Smith has won many international tournaments including Limpedea Cup (Romania), Citta di Erba (Italy), Easter International (Serbia), Philadelphia International, National Chess Congress, US Masters, etc.