The King’s Indian Mastermind
How to Destroy 1.d4 in the Unstoppable Attacking Style of Kasparov and Fischer… without Having to Remember Hundreds of Long Variations
When Kasparov and Fischer – 2 of the most single-minded winners in history – faced 1.d4 in the big games, they turned to the King’s Indian Defense.
Like the Sicilian, the KID allows Black to unbalance the position and generate HUGE attacks… if you know what you’re doing.
Players who just fianchetto their bishop and hope for the best usually have to suffer from a cramped position for a long time.
However, learn the ingenious piece maneuvers, the killer pawn breaks and which sacrifices to blow open the position with and you’re in for a ton of fun!
Bulgarian GM Marian Petrov teaches you the secrets of this aggressive opening in his new 10-hour Mastermind!
Here is what it will do for you:
- Opening themes – Get up to speed quickly by learning rules such as when to play …c5 and when to play …e5, which pieces you should trade and which you should keep and the tell-tale signs that indicate you should attack… right now!
- Strategies for success – Learn how to play for a win with the powerful “queenside collapse” strategy or go for a mate with a direct attack on the White King. Petrov reveals a ton of attacking formations including Kasparov’s terrifying minor piece onslaught
- Sneaky move-orders – Make sure you get the position you want by using Petrov’s move order tricks including how to turn the tables on Trompowsky and London System players.
- Crumbling wall – When White plays the Four Pawns Attack, they expect to be calling the shots… but, after tearing down the pawn wall with killer pawn breaks, you’ll have them shaking so bad they won’t be able to write down their moves!
- Variations made easy – The way GM Petrov teaches the opening allows you to use 90% of your ideas against any variation. And the critical 10% differences are given in clear and easy to remember explanations too.
GM Petrov has designed this course to get you the edge in any variation of the King’s Indian and teach you how to convert your advantage into a win – even if you’ve never played the opening before!
If you are ready to leave the old you behind and transform your game – LET’S GET STARTED!
The King’s Indian with GM Marian Petrov video course [10 hours 33 minutes]
Learn how to destroy 1.d4 in the unstoppable attacking style of Kasparov and Fischer… without having to remember hundreds of long variations. GM Petrov makes sure you’re tournament-ready in just 10 hours – even if you’ve never played the King’s Indian before.
Complete set of PGNs and ChessBase Files
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs and ChessBase files of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have a treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important chess motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Extra Training Tasks [PDF]
Advanced training tasks are taken directly from top-level games. Learn from the ideas and strategies of players like Capablanca, Kasparov, and Karpov. After solving those problems you will get one step closer to chess mastery!
- CHAPTER 1 Trompowsky and London
- CHAPTER 2 Lines without e4 and 2.Nc3
- CHAPTER 3 Bd3 and Ne2 line
- CHAPTER 4 Classical Line
- CHAPTER 5 Exchange Line
- CHAPTER 6 Four Pawns Attack
- CHAPTER 7 Zaemisch
- CHAPTER 8 Averbach System
- CHAPTER 9 g3 line
- CHAPTER 10 Closed line with d5
About the Author:
GM Marian Petrov (FIDE 2537)
is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.