In this course for intermediate and advanced players, GM Jacek Stopa will deep dive into some of the most important Rook Endgames.
Rook endgames are some of the most common and complex type of endings in chess. If you master Rook Endgames, not only your overall level will improve, but you will also feel a lot more confident converting and defending these endings in your games.
GM Stopa starts with simple endings such as Philidor’s position and continues with more complex examples, building upon typical plans and principles that he covers throughout the course.
The idea of this course is not to memorize the positions, but to absorb Rook Endgame mechanics that can be applied to various types of positions. This is a much more intuitive, time-efficient and bullet-proof method than pure memorization.
What you will learn:
- The power of the 6thg rank and how to exploit it when you defend and/or attack.
- When to give a “side-check”? The “easiest” defense.
- Converting a pawn-chain advantage in the rook endgames
- Typical defensive mechanisms in rook endgames
- Pawn avalanche and how to use it in your favor?
- Uncommon rook endgames – how to tackle and win these positions?
- The 3 vs. 2 pawns position – a must-know technique.
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!