If you are looking to take your positional understanding to the next level, the TCW Academy course on the Outposts is a definite must-take! IM Milovan Ratkovic starts out with the basics and quickly deep dives into the mechanics of the outpost play.
Most club players already know that the outpost is a strong square where a piece cannot be attacked by the opponent’s pawns or easily exchanged off without giving up material.
However, when it comes to more practical things, that’s where many players get stuck…
IM Ratkovic does a great job explaining this simple, yet often misunderstood concept so that ANY chess player can understand it and utilize it in their own games.
In this course, we are going to analyze some very interesting and instructive games from IMs and GMs practice where outposts played the key role.
Watch the Video Preview:
Here is what you’ll discover:
- How to create a strong outpost?
- The KEY difference between a GOOD outpost and a BAD outpost
- Types of squares that make GREAT outposts
- What pieces you should place on an outpost and why?
- How to use your outposts?
What this course will do for you?
After studying this 3-hours course, you’ll have a solid understanding of an Outposts, how to create one, and how to take advantage of the outposts you already have. You’ll also learn the most common ways and techniques to play against the outposts.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- Outpost fundamentals – must-know concepts for all under 2200 players
- Typical knight maneuvers for occupying the outposts
- How to create and outposts, and what positional clues to look out for
- How to play against an outpost [when and what to exchange]
- Using outposts to weaken your opponent’s position and undermine the pawn structure
- The advanced outpost play – complex positions
- Positions with multiple outposts