Hello there are thanks for visiting our site,
At first I was quite weak chess player myself. My ELO rating was just under 1200. I played in tournaments in the U.S. and wondered why I lose a game after game.
I tried to improve very hard. I followed every reasonable study plan and advice, bought many chess books and dived into studying. I spend months trying to understand certain openings and middle game ideas from greatest players of the past.
On top of that, I played over-the-board against stronger opponents, on bi-weekly basis. After a year of such training I only had gained about 50 ELO points.
I was stunned. I could not believe it will take that much effort to improve. I felt I was doing something wrong.
And I was right. As Albert Einstein puts it
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
I needed some change. I tweaked my training routine and get rid of some useless and time consuming elements, focusing on what I actually needed to win games. I stopped studying openings and focused primarily on attacking chess, deeper endgame understanding, and the right type of tactics, common to practical chess.
The results were simply phenomenal.
By spending almost 5 times less time on studying chess than a year before, I was able to pick up spectacular 500 ELO points, instead of modest 50 points in a previous year.
My studying/rating gaining efficiency went up by as much as 2500%! I was ranked a number 1 player in state by the number of ELO points gained in a year span.
Players, who used to crash me with ease, now were terrified to face me over-the-board. They were simply out of my league.
By working another year on chess, using similar training routine, I was able to gain another 300 ELO points, becoming one of the highest ranked chess players in state.
I went up from losing games against 1200-1300 rated players to holding my grounds and even beating FIDE masters (2200+) in less than 2 years!
Here is proof, check out this game I have played against 2250 ELO rated guy.
From that time a lot of things have happened.
- I started this website where I share the chess training techniques that actually work for anyone looking to rapidly improve.
- I have done and keep doing an extensive research on different methods of chess training, reviewing literature, trying different approaches, interviewing chess coaches, Grandmasters, and strong players to share their secrets of success.
- Recently we hit 5,000,000 visitors mark here on TheChessWorld.com, which makes me happy because I realize that just as many players have learned something useful and have improved their chess using materials from our site. We actually make difference!
- We also were featured as one of the Top 10 most popular chess website in the world according to Alexa Information Company.
- Finally, I have decided to sum up all the important things about chess training I learned and have released an intensive chess training program 21 Days to Supercharge Your Chess. You can check it out here.
I’m sure that you are capable of everything, you just need to commit yourself. And with our help you will make progress even faster, guaranteed!
Thanks for reading this!