Finding winning moves is by far the most difficult and important element of chess.
The reason is simple.
There are just too many possibilities for creating a straightforward ‘algorithm’ for identifying the best moves.
Even almighty computer engines struggle in this territory.
Human players aren’t computers. And, Grandmasters have certain advantages when it comes to identifying the best moves.
Instead of calculating everything like a machine would do, GMs only focus on the most important aspects, such as:
- Calculating a winning combination [delivering checkmate or winning material]
- Making a critical decision [gaining positional edge]
- Transitioning to a winning endgame
- Opening or closing the position
Those are just a few examples. But, it’s clear that by following a structured thinking approach, you will save time as well as reduce the number of inaccuracies in your play.
And that’s what this course is all about.
GM Petrov will teach you how to identify the critical positions and explain when, how and what you should calculate.
This is the same ideology GM Marian Petrov has been using successfully for over a decade. It helped him in making key decisions and finding winning moves throughout his own career. And, it worked well for his students too.
Finding winning moves – See the video preview:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!