World Chess Championship is over. For some it was a great excitement, for some it was a big disappointment. Nevertheless, it is a tremendous step forward for the world of chess in general.
Norwegian prodigy, Magnus Carlsen, was able to win the Match with a very impressive 6.5 – 3.5 score.
We prepared a big pictorial report which covers most of the most important points (in our opinion) of this historic Match.
20. Anand vs. Carlsen: War of the Wizards Poster
19. This is where the world chess championship title was decided
18. Carlsen is interviewed after drawing first blood in game 5
17. Carlsen was getting an infinite support from his homeland
16. World Chess Champion’s Diet
15. Anand after the defeat: ‘I will not give up chess!’
14. Carlsen is awarded with a 22 carat, World Championship, pure gold medal
13. Carlsen vs. Anand in soundproof (bulletproof?) glass cage
12. Did Carlsen bring his own orange juice all the way from Norway?
11. World Chess Championship Trophy
10. Anand was usually the first one to arrive at the board. He almost won one game by forfeit when Carlsen was running late. 14 seconds is what separated Anand from that win.
9. A single look at Anand’s face is enough to see that things don’t go smoothly for the World Champion.
8. Anand preparing for a tough battle with black pieces
7. Anti-doping test with a metal detector by a FIDE official (daily routine)
6. Security with automatic weapons during world championship match in Chennai, India
5. The official gives final instructions before the start of the game
4. Anand gets a runner-up prize, looks disappointed
3. Carlsen receives the world championship trophy. He later comments that it’s good but a little heavy.
2. ‘I fear of nobody’ – Carlsen says after winning the title.
1. Magnus Carlsen celebrates his new World Champion title in the pool. This is a beginning of a new chess era!
Read more about World Chess Championship Match:
We thank Ms. Susan Polgar and our old friend Art (ChessPro.ru) for granting permission to use these images.