Ultra flexible. Check. Trusted by Super-GMs. Check. Plenty of tactics and attacking play. Check. Neo-Catalan is an “improved” version of the already solid Catalan Opening.
You change the move order, pawn structure, piece placement… and the winning percentage jumps up to over 55%.
This 3-hour video course will take you through the ins and outs of the Neo-Catalan opening, giving you the skills and knowledge to dominate your opponents.
GM Marian Petrov, a seasoned chess professional with over 20 years of experience, will guide you through the opening’s subtleties, showing you how to create and maintain a strong position on the board.
Whether you’re an experienced player or a beginner, this course is perfect for anyone who wants to improve their opening play and take their chess to the next level.
Want to know more about Catalan? Look at 5 Reasons to Play It, 5 Best Chess Games on This Opening as well as Dominating Weaknesses in It.
.We also recommend reviewing our latest TCW Academy courses:
- Play g4 Gambit vs. Philidor with GM Misa Pap
- Play Fantasy Variation vs. Caro-Kann with GM Misa Pap
- Win with Evans Gambit with FM Viktor Neustroev
- Planning Your Game Like a World Champion with GM Marian Petrov
- Tactics and Strategy with GM Marian Petrov
You also might like 2020 Recap and What to Expect in 2021 as well as 3 Best Openings for Beginners.
Neo-Catalan – See the video preview:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!