Budapest Gambit: Are you looking for an opening against 1.d4 that…
Leads to fast and furious attacks by Black. Check.
Avoids your opponent’s home preparation and pet lines. Check.
Prevents drawish and boring play. Check.
GM Marian Petrov has got just what you need.
Play the Budapest Gambit.
It is the off-the-radar opening that is perfectly sound and will take any club player off their comfort zone.
You see, most players are prepared against Queen’s Gambit, Slav/Semi-Slav, and King’s Indian.
Some are ready to face the Grunfeld.
But nearly no one is prepared against the Budapest.
Which means you are instantly getting both a tactical and psychological edge.
Add the low-theory approach adapted by GM Petrov and you get an amazing weapon for club players against 1.d4 lines.
We also recommend reviewing our latest TCW Academy courses:
Budapest Gambit – See the video preview:
Watch the full video with TCW Academy!Want to get access to the entire library of chess videos just like this one? Check out TCW Academy, the premium membership for chess players, coaches, and parents! Our platform combines video lessons and training into a complete system, so you can quickly learn and start winning games tomorrow!
You get tons of exclusive content and benefits like:
- Unlimited Access to Academy Video Library [Our Team of top coaches like GM Marian Petrov and GM Bryan Smith is here to help you gain at least 250 Elo points by summer]
- Access to New Exclusive Videos [New videos are released twice a month and PGNs are included]
- Pick what chess skills you are looking to develop and follow your path to Mastery
- Master every skill easily with our powerful quizzing system
- Can’t find a topic you want to learn? Use our ‘Request a Course’ feature!
- …and much more!